[New Feature] XBMC Portal
I call this the portal. It's in this forum because I want some advice/opinions on it.

You access it from a button on the home screen called "Portal".

The top row is static and contains a random movie, episode, and song.

The middle section is filled with recently added information plus addons.

The list is where you select what you want to see.

(I am adding my tv guide information to this screen as well.

Everything can be played from this screen: Apps, Movies, Episodes, Songs, and The random items up top.

Apps

Movies

Episodes

Songs

Random Item selected

To learn more, click here.
looks like the home screen of many current skins without the window links too me but aside from that having to click another link to open another page kind of defeats the purpose of it all to me you may as well just go to the normal sections
Jezz_X Wrote:looks like the home screen of many current skins without the window links too me but aside from that having to click another link to open another page kind of defeats the purpose of it all to me you may as well just go to the normal sections

I guess I thought it would be cool to have a place to access all the newest items plus the add-ons. Some people dont like cluttered home screens. Maybe it was a waste of time, maybe some other people can share an opinion.
hehe I'm sure others do Smile and sorry If I came off as dismissive I just like to say what I think allot and sometimes it may come across as blunt and insensitive Sad not my intention and your doing good job coming up with new concepts
Jezz_X Wrote:hehe I'm sure others do Smile and sorry If I came off as dismissive I just like to say what I think allot and sometimes it may come across as blunt and insensitive Sad not my intention and your doing good job coming up with new concepts

No sweat. I value everyone's opinion. I saw this image and though it would be something I could make useful within XBMC. I thought about an "add-on' that sort of encompassed everything in one place that wasnt filling up the home screen.

This was my inspiration.

I'd simply have it as a Home screen.
Wahh, I've been working on an similar concept, most disappointing similarity is its under the same name.
I agree that it should be a homescreen.
Have the links to the left be the usual links but when they are focused show
corresponding random content. I wouldreally like a skin like that . Wish I thought of it.
Hmm, I quite like it - could work well as a homescreen or as add-on.
+1 for that concept to become a home screen.
Looks nice.
Could I release this as an addon? Basically it would required the recently and random items scripts but it could be its own addon. Anyone know if this could be an add-on?
igotdvds Wrote:Could I release this as an addon? Basically it would required the recently and random items scripts but it could be its own addon. Anyone know if this could be an add-on?

Could you please consider changing the name first?
Stranger Wrote:Could you please change the name first?

You really want that name huh? No biggie, I'm not attached to it. So are you writing an add-on or a skin?
igotdvds Wrote:You really want that name huh? No biggie, I'm not attached to it. So are you writing an add-on or a skin?

Designing a skin under the portal name, Portal being the style of sub menu I am trying to develop. I would really appreciate it if you could change the name, or if it is an add-on your developing maybe we could just house it under the same name?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] XBMC Portal0