Lot's of directories not getting picked up
Hi all

I grep:ed through my xbmc.log after a video library update had run. I noticed a dozen or so movies not getting picked up.

The movies are in a a source which is set to scan and use folder names. Not recursive. Scraper themoviedb.

One example:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/531416/

22:37:20 T:3049257840 M:1438167040 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/xxx/Movies/Stark.Raving.Mad.2002.STV.DVDRip.XViD-COWiSO/' as not in the database
22:37:20 T:3049257840 M:1438167040 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /xxx/Movies/Stark.Raving.Mad.2002.STV.DVDRip.XViD-COWiSO/

Most other movies in /xxx/Movies/ are in the library.

Why isn't this movie added? I have even tried with a movie.nfo but I think the avi-file isn't found within the rar's.

The movie.nfo that I tried with:

<movie>
<title>Stark Raving Mad</title>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/14809

Can anyone help me please? Btw XBMC version is 10.00~svn35068-lucid1.
I got an idea.. what if I go to these directories in regular file-mode? For this particular movie and at least two others they have no thumbnails if I go into the dir, then into the first rar-file.

When I open the .avi within the rar it just says 'Working' for like 2 minutes and then I'm just back in the file view.

So I unpacked and got a cowiso-xvid-stark.avi. This file played perfectly from XBMC.

What could be wrong here, why isn't XBMC handling these rar's all right? I have experienced problems when using unrar-free in ubuntu on some files where unrar works. Could it be the same here, xbmc using an internal unrar-library which is not as good as the shareware/paid version?
Novin Wrote:I got an idea.. what if I go to these directories in regular file-mode? For this particular movie and at least two others they have no thumbnails if I go into the dir, then into the first rar-file.

When I open the .avi within the rar it just says 'Working' for like 2 minutes and then I'm just back in the file view.

So I unpacked and got a cowiso-xvid-stark.avi. This file played perfectly from XBMC.

What could be wrong here, why isn't XBMC handling these rar's all right? I have experienced problems when using unrar-free in ubuntu on some files where unrar works. Could it be the same here, xbmc using an internal unrar-library which is not as good as the shareware/paid version?

I would think that if it's an RAR file then XBMC is going to use the extracted filename for the search and not the RAR name. Since the actual video file name is only named stark it's not going to find a match. Just for my curious brain...why use RAR compressed video? It's not really smaller.
Can you include .nfo and metadata in the file?
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:I would think that if it's an RAR file then XBMC is going to use the extracted filename for the search and not the RAR name. Since the actual video file name is only named stark it's not going to find a match. Just for my curious brain...why use RAR compressed video? It's not really smaller.
Can you include .nfo and metadata in the file?

No it should use the folder name to search for a movie..right? The .avi-filename could/should be able to be anything, just so it is recognized as a movie.

About using RAR, I'm not making the scene rules. If you don't know about this, you could read this to get a clue.

And in this particular case, as I have created my own movie.nfo, that info should be used.
After looking into the issue a bit more I found that of 10 movies not being added to my library, 10 movies WERE added after unpacking.

I created a xbmc.log with debug where I open two of these movies that cannot be added to library. Watching them in XBMC works, it just takes like 15 seconds before the movie starts. If I start a movie that works (still in RAR-archives) it takes < 1 second to start.

The two movies I start were Stark.Raving.Mad & Ski.School.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/533591/
If they're PACKED rars then XBMC will not read them into the library, and you should stop getting any such files.

STORED rars are just fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Stark.Raving.Mad.2002.STV.DVDRip.XViD-COWiSO

Is not a name of a movie.

Name the directory correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lot's of directories not getting picked up0