DTS through HDMI on a ION330
Another problem here with XBMC and HDMI sound.

My hardware consists of a POV ion330 which I connected through HDMI to my Denon 1911 receiver.
The software I installed Is Ubuntu 10.10 and XBMC Dharma beta 4, NVIDIA driver 260

After a clean install of Ubuntu and XBMC I have all the sound working without a problem in Ubuntu (youtube ect). But when I start XBMC and want to try DTS I get the error “Failed to initialize audio device” but the image was good, full HD without stuttering. I’ve tried so many options of new asound.conf files, HDMI passthrough in XBMC, custom = Hw:0,3 as passthrough but nothing works to get DTS working.

Then I found another thread on this forum which describes how to remove pulseaudio out of Ubuntu. I gave it a try and in XBMC I finally got DTS sound working, but the image was stuttering which made it impossible to watch so this wasn't an option either.

Then I got the tip to change the hardware in the sound option of Ubuntu to Analog stereo audio, but that didn't do the trick either.

So at the moment im quite desperade on watching movies with DTS.Does anyone has the golden tip for this situation?
are you actually using ubuntu 10.10 for anything other than XBMC? if not, use the live image
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:are you actually using ubuntu 10.10 for anything other than XBMC? if not, use the live image

Well i can try the live version but i have to find out how i can mount my movie partitions. But in the future i just want to use Ubuntu also for browsing, instant messaging ect.
Ok new discovery i opened the terminal and typed:

pulseaudio - k
xbmc

XBMC starts and i have DTS withouth stuttering framerate. Still have to test if apple trailers is working and how to get navigation sound working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS through HDMI on a ION3300