xbmcfreak beta4 vanilla 1080p playback problems Zotac Ion box
so twas the first time watching a 1080P movie last night and it would just pause pressing play would resume or it would resume on its own.

I figured I needed to update my Nvidia Drivers so I added X-swat PPA

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

after running the upgrade command I get a message that certain packages are going to be held back.

Quote:The following packages have been kept back:
fglrx xserver-xorg-video-intel
The following packages will be upgraded:
fglrx-amdcccle intel-gpu-tools libcups2 libfreetype6 libgudev-1.0-0 libmysqlclient16 libplymouth2 libssl0.9.8 libudev0 libxml2 mysql-common
nvidia-current nvidia-settings openssl plymouth plymouth-label plymouth-theme-ubuntu-logo plymouth-theme-ubuntu-text python-libxml2 tzdata udev
xorg-driver-fglrx xserver-common xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-radeon
26 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 45.7MB of archives.
After this operation, 8,339kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

at this point I opted not to install anything. I DO NOT and will NOT do a dist upgrade as that breaks all kinds of stuff in the past.

right now I have my setup working perfectly with s3 sleep and resume via remote, all audio is working fine, im just not getting fluid 1080P playback. I tried with several different movies and they all paused and resumed on me.

I have had flawless working 1080p in previous builds running 260.XX drivers, but trying to connect to the webgui if my TV was off resulted in a error about not having a display. right now I am able to get to the web gui while my TV is off which is nice.

should I just go ahead and install the 260.1921 driver manually?

-=Jason=-
I just upgraded to the Nvidia 260.1921 driver manually via downloading the driver and installing it.

I'll have SWMBO test out 1080p after she settles down from me rebooting the htpc while she was in the middle of watching beauty and the beast with the kids.

-=Jason=-
update: SWMBO just watched an entire 1080P movie cough*Eclipse*cough and said it didn't pause, skip, or studder at all like it did last night. so it looks like the 260.1921 solved my 1080p problems.

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:at this point I opted not to install anything. I DO NOT and will NOT do a dist upgrade as that breaks all kinds of stuff in the past

I don't know how you come to the assumption that this would have done a distribution upgrade. among other stuff, the update would have automatically installed the newest .21 nvidia drivers without any problems. the packages that have been kept back are not of any use to your system, anyways.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I don't know how you come to the assumption that this would have done a distribution upgrade. among other stuff, the update would have automatically installed the newest .21 nvidia drivers without any problems. the packages that have been kept back are not of any use to your system, anyways.

to get the held back packages to install i would have dist-upgrade.

i saw xserver-xorg-video-intel on the list and figured with out having it upgrade it would mess some thing up. I dunno my system is working just fine right now and I have peace of mind.

s3 sleep working, all audio working, 1080p now working so I am a happy camper.

-=Jason=-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcfreak beta4 vanilla 1080p playback problems Zotac Ion box0