jerky main menu
Hi guys i've got a strange one,

I just upgraded from my old xbmc 8.20(i think) to the current Dharma RC, and for some reason the main menu of xbmc is laggy as hell like 3fps so i went into the system menu and there's no lag at all.

I couldn't find anything in the search about this so any idea what I should be looking at and what more info you need?

Thanks
Similar here, went from Dharma B4 that seemed fine to a really laggy/jerky main menu. System is Win7 on a P4 2.8C with Radeon 4650 that has been great. Will check out logs tomorrow.
cheers,

crazyivan
And here's my debug log which is chock full of these:

Quote: ERROR: Can't open the database MyVideos34.db as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting!
cheers,

crazyivan
CrazyIvan: Only way that happens is if you were running a trunk build (completely unsupported at the moment ofcourse) which happened to have a higher vid db version.

We have a plan to remedy this (for after Dharma) - for now, depending on what the version number is you may be able to recover it - find the version (use sqlitespy or similar to look in the version table) and check the version that dharma needs, then check the sourcecode in trunk for UpdateOldVersion (in VideoDatabase.cpp).

Ofcourse, if you don't mind rescanning, just delete it!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi jmarshall,

Wiped the db file and it's all good now!

Thanks for that!
Hi jmarshall,

I checked the DB and it says that the version.idVersion is 42. Not clear on what I'd need to do with this. Dharma's latest rev of UpdateOldVersion does stuff up to versions < 42. How do I "check the version that dharma needs"?

In the meantime I re-installed B4 and all is good again with none of those "Can't open the database" entries filling up the log.

Nuking my DB would be a seriously last resort after all the watched vs. unwatched video flags I've updated.
cheers,

crazyivan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
jerky main menu0