Win 7 XBMC Dharma RC1 No AC3 when using HDMI Audio [debug log posted at #9]
john.eyl Wrote:Hi Cartman. Happy new year to you and everyone else as well. I'd also like to add that I have submitted an official bug report - http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10981

Please let me know if the description there is not accurate for your situation as well or feel free to add comments etc. Cheers.

The description fits pretty well with my situation as well, only difference is that my receiver is a NAD T747 and not a EMOTIVA UMC-1. If I was to suggest something more for the ticket it might be to perhaps put in a link in the ticket to this thread, where they'll see that the problem is not unique, and read a little bit about what's been tested so far.

Thanks for the link and update. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the problem can eventually be solved. Smile
Should be fixed in trunk with r35739. Please confirm.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:Should be fixed in trunk with r35739. Please confirm.

Sweet! Smile

I've downloaded the trunk, installed it and tested. So far it's looking very promising. All Dolby Digital and AC3 movies I've tested so far have played properly, and the receiver is reporting the proper signal as well.

Looking good. Smile I'll be running with this set up for now then. If I run into any audio related problems down the line I'll let you know.
Hi CrystalP.

It's late here - about 2 am in Sydney - but I just had to give 35739 a go. Like Cartman, I've seen NO ISSUES!!!! Absolutely fantastic. Your explanation of what you fixed on the ticket also makes sense with my testing. I am really happy that this has been addressed. I'll do some more extensive testing later today, but so far I've tried several DVD's with AC3 soundtracks as well as an MKV and an XVID. In all cases the sound played perfectly, and the surround processor almost instantly picked up the bitstream and displayed Dolby Digital on it's panel. BTW - do you have any sense on how long it may take to be backported into Dharma? I'll use this build for now as well and report any audio issues here.

BTW - I'd like to thank all those who contributed to this post and especially those who worked on a fix. Although it's been frustrating, its also been a good experience in the fact that the xbmc team has stood up and provided support in fixing the issue. Cheers.
Good to hear guys. Can you also confirm that a trunk build just before r35739 has the issue?

I'm not sure you tried recent trunk builds, and don't want to push a fix into Dharma if it's not really what fixed the problem.

There is no timeline for Dharma 10.1 at this point. You can run trunk for now, nothing significant went in that could cause trouble.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
CrystalP Wrote:Good to hear guys. Can you also confirm that a trunk build just before r35739 has the issue?

I'm not sure you tried recent trunk builds, and don't want to push a fix into Dharma if it's not really what fixed the problem.

There is no timeline for Dharma 10.1 at this point. You can run trunk for now, nothing significant went in that could cause trouble.

I can check tomorrow (it's night time here) if you can point me in the direction of where I can download said pre-r35739 trunk.
I just tried Rev 35723, which was checked in on new year's day. I can confirm that the problem occured in this revision (i.e. NO AC3). I then removed it and loaded up 35739 which, as before, played all of my AC3 content (so far) without a hitch. So from my experience, the fix committed by CrystalP has fixed the issue. Cheers.
BTW - cartman, I grabbed the builds from here: http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=NSAC&AR=DXI&P=1 which I hope is a good place to use. The executables are pre-built here for the different platforms but it is, as it says, unofficial.
If you've just tried it and confirmed it didn't work, I see no reason to try it here as well. Everything has been the same between our cases, so I'd be very surprised if this wasn't too. Wink

Thanks all for the help in this case, I'm glad it got figured out. Smile
Thanks for the fact-finding and the testing.
I have installed this version and my HDMI audio doesn't work at all. It will only work if I select analogue.

I am using onboard HDMI connected to a RX-V2067 amp. I can here all the navigation sounds and clicks when navigating through XBMC, but when I try and play a movie (any format) I get no audio over HDMI.

Playing music works great - so I am not sure what the hassle is.

I tried this release as I was experiencing horrible stuttering when selecting HDMI audio with Dharma release 10.0 Selecting another audio track (2 channel stereo for example) via HDMI worked fine - on Dharma 10.

I am running the latest Catalyst driver and Realek HDMI audio driver (2.55)
getafix, you say you are using onboard HDMI? What chipset is it? From your description of using catalyst drivers it sounds like ATI / AMD Radeon. If so then I think only the 5xxx or better series supports bitstreaming over HDMI.

Do you have a regular bluray / dvd player (ps3??) that supports HDMI? If so then does that work properly? You need to find out if its a problem with your HTPC or your receiver setup.

Do any ther players (e.g. TMT3) work?
One more thing - don't install the realtek driver. Catalyst drivers 10.4 and better support HDMI hardware properly. Earlier drivers had problems.
Hi John

Thanks for your help. I have managed to solve the problem. This is what I did.

Re installed Win7 (might not have been necessary but was a good starting point)
Uninstalled Catalyst
Connected my PC to my TV (Panasonic plasma)
Installed Catalyst WITHOUT the audio driver.
Installed the Realtek driver.

Finally got HDCP supported.

Connected my PC to my AMP and FINALLY got DTS.

This method was suggested somewhere on this forum, but am not sure where - I have done so much hunting around.

Now just to get the image tearing problem to be sorted out.

Cheers
G
Glad you got it going Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 XBMC Dharma RC1 No AC3 when using HDMI Audio [debug log posted at #9]0