[LIVE] - Help with REMOTE.XML
Hi there...

I am trying to get all the functions I wish to work on my Remote. I am using a Windows Media Centre Remote and almost everything is working great.... apart form a few vital function are not mapped to the remote, though there is a lot of spare buttons I hardly use and could do with out....

I know there is a dir [b]~/.xbmc/userdata/ and ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps and a file called remote.xml

So now what... as I understand it if I create a remote.xml file it will over right the default setting for the remote as it is... but where can I get a full list of the remote.xml file as near 90% of the buttons I do not want to change.

All I wish to do is add a function to open / close the playlist (Spacebar on keyboard), que an item to the playlist (Q on keyboard), remove a item from the playlist (Not sure what button dose this), open the contextual menu (C button on keyboard)

Everything else i want the same...

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks ion advance
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
You most likely have a remote.xml
You dont say what version you are using but have a look in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml

Thats where changes should be made. Its pretty self explanatory once you look at it.

This might also help

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...iew=markup
thanks.. I am using Rc1 and I have the [LIVE] tag in teh tread tittle....

I was looking in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

but I now see the file in the dir you spoke of... . . .
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Jyujinkai Wrote:thanks.. I am using Rc1 and I have the [LIVE] tag in teh tread tittle....

I was looking in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

but I now see the file in the dir you spoke of... . . .

Do not edit "/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml"! This is a system file and it will be overwritten by the package manager if new versions of XBMC contain the same file.

Copy "/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml" to "~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/" and edit the copy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - Help with REMOTE.XML0