Choppy / Jerky / Skippy playback
Hi

I am new to all of this so I hope that this all makes sense, and that I haven't over looked the answer elsewhere. I have searched for solutions to the choppy playback and haven't yet found anything that works.

Media Centre

-Windows 7 64bit
-Gigabyte S-Series G41M-ES2H motherboard (onboard graphics and sound through HDMI)
- Intel Celeron E3300
- 2Gb 800 Ram

My problem is that all playback of any content SD or HD is extremely choppy, I realise that the media centre is not a very powerfull set up, but I was running one of the nightly builds of Camelot 9.11 and SD content was smooth and HD wasn't too bad, I decided to try the Dharama 4 release and now all playback is choppy. I have tried messing around with all the settings myself, and have followed guides about changing Xbmc to alter the refresh rate to match and everything but it makes no difference. I have also tried a post tha said to change the gfx memory in the bios from the standard 64 its set to to higher, that didn't work. One of the posts I did try was to change the display refresh rate in windows to 24hz so its closer to the 23 / 24fps, even though people moaned that it made Xbmc slow itself this still didn't help, and in Xbmc itself if you press "S" then go into "info" at the bottom it said that the display was 24hz but Xbmc was putting out 40fps? When I watch something and press "O" I have noticed that no matter what I am watching it says that it is 24fps which seems odd. It doesn't drop any frames, and for some reason my vcpu seems to be 75 - 100% and the cpu average is around 50 - 75% which seems a little high.

Well that was a bit of a rant, and if anyone makes it to the end of this bibliography and can think of anything that may help that would be great. (I have read in other posts that people ask of pastebins and stuff, I am a novice and don't know what this is or how to do it if anyone needs it).

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy / Jerky / Skippy playback0