Quick question about Dharma RC1 and Alsa vs. Pulse
Hello guys,

It took me quite some time to read numerous posts about sound issues but eventually I could make it work but not 100%.
I noticed that if I install 9.11 and enable the AC3 and DTS it is working with no problem right from the start. As you are aware, it is not the case with Dharma version (well, with the betas so far) and there were lots of thread about this issue with various trials and errors.

I wanted to ask the gurus here if the final release, currently at RC1, will work flawless, same as previous stable version, or we would have to use scripts to enable/disable pulse so that we would have XBMC sounds and AC3 and DTS?

Right now I use RC1 but I still have to use some script in rc.local and other tweaks to be able to get both working.
Wink
Does anyone know what is the plan or actual? Will the new final release work as previous releases without tweaking pulse?
alsa is easier to configure then pulse.... IMO specially since I only use ubuntu minimal + xbmc not full desktop.

It also depends on your machine and your needs.
Thank you X3. However it is still unknown if the final Dharma release will work the same as previous version or not.

With 9.11 you do not have to tweak alsa or cancel pulse at a given time in order for sound to work (xbmc sounds, AC3, DTS work fine like windows and MAC versions).

With current RC1 Dharma you still have to go through some settings outside of Dharma in order for the sound to somewhat work (xbmc sound and also AC3 and DTS).

My question was if the final Dharma will work without tweaking, same as previous version?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick question about Dharma RC1 and Alsa vs. Pulse0