XBMC Database question
I have a question to do with flims and shows not on IMDB if I use ember and put the information in here, and then update my libary in xbmc to reflect this data. When I look in my folders on my drive which I have set-up as follows

XBMC-Movies
Factual
Childrens

Etc

I now have a load of extra files now containing artwork and information which I entered into Ember

Now here is were the problem starts - if I edit say

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<id>tt0106582</id>
<title>Cliffhanger</title>
<originaltitle>Cliffhanger</originaltitle>
<year>1993</year>
<releasedate>25/06/1993</releasedate>
<rating>0</rating>
<genre>Action</genre>
<plot>Whilst crossing a ledge, 4000 feet above the earth, Gabe's friend's equiptment fails to work and she slips out of his hand, falling to the ground. Almost a year later, Gabe is asked to go back to the same mountain range and rescue a group of 'stranded' people. The only catch is that these so called 'stranded' people are infact looking for three boxes filled with $100,000,000 and they need mountain ranger to lead them to them!!</plot>

Save this and look in XBMC the updated information is not reflected here, if I delete all the files and leave just the say the movie.mkv file and go back back to xbmc nothing has changed. So does xbmc have its own information about the flim and were is it stored and how can I edit it and have the change reflected within xbmc.
Did you try to rescan the folders ?
The data is stored in the database, XBMC will update the database with the .nfo data only when scanning a folder or when you use the refresh function in the movie information window.
I am getting it to work on the Camelot build but I appear to be having issues on the xbmc-r35326-Dharma_rc1.exe build I am checking it works the way one would expect it to work and I will try again on the Dharma build all the information is on Ember ok it just XBMC does is not doing what I would expect from it. I am in a catch 22 problem in that the Dharma has features on it that I will use.
If you edit the nfo file, XBMC will never (no matter what build or release) show the updated info without refreshing the movie in question from the movie information window.

Does that not work for you?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have just found that out thanks for that I notice it asks you now if it finds information stored at local level. I think I tried everything else except Refresh. The hair was getting pulled not that I have much to pull.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Database question0