Alternative to Acer revo
I'm looking to set up a HTPC in my bedroom, so I was wondering about a good alternative for the Revo. I currently have a 3610, but I don't want to drop another 300+.

Any thoughts to the Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW, or Foxconn NT-330I-A-W-NA-A NVIDIA ION 1

Or other suggestions?
Both those units will work, but they're also both barebone units. By time you add ram and a decent HDD you're back up to $300+. You might want to see if you can find a revo 1600, they are getting harder and harder to find. You are going to be pretty hard press to find anything below 300.

Alternatively you could get a wdtv live unit for $129'ish to stream movies into the bedroom.
To be honest, the Revo 3610 seems to do a decent job, but I'd be surprised if the 1600 could actually cut it. I do have a hard drive, but I see your point about needing RAM and an HD.

I'll have to examine the WDLive, but it seems like a feasible option.
don't know how you have yours setup but the revo 1600 refurb I bought a month and a half or so ago has done everything I have needed it to do
WE ALL WE GOT
I love my acer revo 1600, but wasn't able to find another one out there, as I needed another xbmc unit for the living room. I wanted to buy a new unit for the living room, and move the revo to the bedroom. I ended up ordering the Jetway HBJC600C99-52W-BW for $199 from Newegg.

While I agree the 3700 Revo is about $349, you have to take it pre-configured - factory drive and memory (though it does come with a nice wireless kb/mouse). I liked the idea of the barebones Jetway for $199 better. I added 4gb of memory (and didn't need to throw the 1gb out) for 2x$34.99, for a total of $270 and plan on using an older laptop drive for free. But, if I needed a drive, I'd go with either this SSD for $58 after rebate - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820227510 or get a cheaper laptop drive. This totals about $330 (very close to Acer 3700) but you get to pick your components.

Hopefully I'll get the Jetway D525 up and running this week/weekend and I'll post my findings....
ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01

$259 Newegg Free Shipping

Intel Atom 330 NVIDIA ION
160G Hard Drive & 2G Memory included

Wireless is less than stellar but will do the job.

I am hoping for another price drop in coming weeks so I can pick up another one. Either way I plan to get another.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...%20HD-ND01
+1^^
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative to Acer revo0