Help with multiple file movies in library, and anime
Ok, so I have XBMC set to recursively check folders, and it works great... except it won't show me the movies I have that are split into multiple files.

For example, I have Inglorious Basterds, and it's part1 and part2 - so it sees it in the normal file view mode, but when I go to library they don't show at all - so I don't get "Inglorious Basterds" twice, I just don't get it at all. Any way to make it see the folder as one movie? Or do I need to join the files?

Second question:
How can I set up an "Anime" section? Such as "Movies, TV Shows, Anime" on my library list? And how would I set up it's own scraper? I have my directory as a source, so I see them all in the file view, just not the library view.

Edit: Third question... sorry!
I have a couple shows that are showing in my library view, but the episodes are not appearing... as in, it sees CSI, CSI Miami, and CSI New York, but CSI New York is "empty" with no episodes (not sure why). I've tried updating and rescanning. It sees the folder, obviously, but the episodes themselves do not show.

Edit 2: I have anime being added to library now, but they still show up under TV Shows. So how would I set them up as their own library option? (ie, Movies, TV Shows)
PsiKoTicK Wrote:Ok, so I have XBMC set to recursively check folders, and it works great... except it won't show me the movies I have that are split into multiple files.

For example, I have Inglorious Basterds, and it's part1 and part2 - so it sees it in the normal file view mode, but when I go to library they don't show at all - so I don't get "Inglorious Basterds" twice, I just don't get it at all. Any way to make it see the folder as one movie? Or do I need to join the files?
There's some specific naming formats you need to make it work right. If you haven't checked the wiki to make sure you've got it right, I'd start there.

PsiKoTicK Wrote:Second question:
How can I set up an "Anime" section? Such as "Movies, TV Shows, Anime" on my library list? And how would I set up it's own scraper? I have my directory as a source, so I see them all in the file view, just not the library view.
You assign the scraper with the source and you might need to add the anime-specific scrapers in addons

PsiKoTicK Wrote:Edit 2: I have anime being added to library now, but they still show up under TV Shows. So how would I set them up as their own library option? (ie, Movies, TV Shows)
You don't. Well not technically. You have to create smart playlists (see wiki or search the forum). You create one that capture all the anime and one that captures everything except anime. Then you use a skin that allows custom home items and link those custom items to you playlists and hide the original TV Shows. If you need help you can find lots of support for this one on the forum as nearly everyone here has done something like this (maybe not anime but maybe documentaries or home movies or kid's shows etc but everyone's done it).
Maybe I'm missing it on the wiki, but I Can't find info on either of those things - I'm more concerned with the file naming for multiple files than I am about the separate category, truthfully - any idea where I can find that?

Edit:
I think I figured out how to get it to recognize my anime (ie, add the regexp string to advancedsettings.xml) but I can't find that file anywhere. Where do I put that info? The wiki just says "Add this line" and I go "cool" and then can't find the file to add it to it.
PsiKoTicK Wrote:I'm more concerned with the file naming for multiple files than I am about the separate category, truthfully - any idea where I can find that?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_Stacking

PsiKoTicK Wrote:I think I figured out how to get it to recognize my anime (ie, add the regexp string to advancedsettings.xml) but I can't find that file anywhere. Where do I put that info? The wiki just says "Add this line" and I go "cool" and then can't find the file to add it to it.
You know, they don't try to hide it. It's bold and everything. But the instructions and details are so long it's easy to miss anyway. Just so you can feel properly stupid (like I did when I finally noticed it) go to the AdvancedSettings.xml page in the wiki and scroll just past the TOC and right there in nice bold letters you'll find:
Quote:NOTE! This file will not exist unless created by the end-user, meaning YOU!
And just because I'm in a good mood... here's the info on Smart Playlists

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with multiple file movies in library, and anime0