Live dahrma2 - sound video doesn't work
Next problem to solve !?

Hi chaps next issue for me is getting sound and video working currently I have green / black screen whilst playing back video. Further more there is no sound.

My rig uses an embeded ati radeon hd3200
System shows OpenGL version 3.2.9232. If that helps.
Do you have tried to change the "Video Renderer" in the Video System Settings?

Having a Radeon HD 3400 by myself and it works without any problem.
What kind of Video do you wanne play? xvid / mkv / mp4 ...
Try checking Program > Audio Mixer. I had problem with the sound at first to, and noticed that this application has mute as default when installing from a live cd. Also adjust the sliders to about 90-95%, over that I got distortion in the sound.
zynex Wrote:Try checking Program > Audio Mixer. I had problem with the sound at first to, and noticed that this application has mute as default when installing from a live cd. Also adjust the sliders to about 90-95%, over that I got distortion in the sound.

Thanks I'll take a look at that.

as for the video its all formats, I have tried different settings. but I did manage to get it to show video but it was almost black and white, with occasional colors.

Do I need to reset in between tests or should it auto magically change the format whilst playing?
Actually where do I find audio mixer?!

I have changed the video render method, and the only ones that seems to work is software , but the quality seems really poor VHS quality.
Broads Wrote:Actually where do I find audio mixer?!

I have changed the video render method, and the only ones that seems to work is software , but the quality seems really poor VHS quality.

If you go to the main screen > Program you will find the Audio Mixer there. Make sure "Program" is not hidden in the skin settings.
as for the video: I'm not sure if the current dharma live image properly supports GPU acceleration on your ATI card. it might be worthwhile going the XBMCbuntu route from the wiki. as of now, if you set rendering to "software" it should definitely render videos correctly, albeit -depending on your CPU- quite stuttering.

and of course the general info for ATI users: use basic shaders!
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes is correct, in the current dharma image is the combination of basic shaders and hdmi out there is some stuttering (using live dharma rc2)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live dahrma2 - sound video doesn't work0