No DVD Covers for VIDEO_TS (Dharma RC2)
Covers for all my movie collections import fine except for my DVD collection which is stored as VIDEO_TS folders. File mode shows these covers no problem but the library fails to import them. If I choose the refresh option for a dvd in the library, it does then see the folder.jpg and import it into the caching database (see log) but I would have to do this for every dvd in the collection. Could this be fixed please? It's the only issue I have with XBMC which is astounding! With 6 or 7 years experience with Microsoft Media Center, coming to XBMC and seeing everything just work out of the box is nothing short of amazing! Keep up the good work!

http://pastebin.com/wbXpSa29
im actually experiencing the same thing except the library mode works perfect..

its the LIST mode that doesnt show Box Arts and Fan Arts....
I have just tried this again using the final Dharma release and it is still the same. I am almost certain that I am not doing anything wrong and this simply doesn't work. I am more than happy for somebody to tell me otherwise though! Big Grin

To recap, DVD's stored in individual VIDEO_TS folders are not pulling through locally stored cover art regardless of what the cover art file is called and where it is stored.

The cover art is only displayed when I perform a refresh on an individual dvd in the library. This would mean doing so for every dvd in the library.

The files are located on an SMB share on my WHS and I am using the Windows client although I suspect that this isn't going to be a platform specific issue hence my post in general. Please see my log file in the first post for details.

If somebody could please confirm whether this is a) indeed a bug and b) something on the radar for fixing I would be most grateful. If this isn't going to be fixed then I will have to write something to post process all my meta data files but this isn't my preferred option.

Many Thanks,

Russ.
eskro Wrote:im actually experiencing the same thing except the library mode works perfect..

its the LIST mode that doesnt show Box Arts and Fan Arts....

Eskro, Could I please ask you what you call your box art and where you place it for it to appear in library mode?
Russ - Can you confirm your files are in strict DVD structure, which should include an empty AUDIO_TS folder along with the VIDEO_TS folder. XBMC is quite picky about this type of thing.
Quote:which should include an empty AUDIO_TS folder

I have never saved these folders with my movies and it has never caused any issues.

I use VIDEO_TS for all of my movies with out any issues scraping. If you would, post up a copy of how you have your movies structured in your files. Also, what os are you running?
Didn't say it wouldn't work, merely that it can be picky - Users debug log indicates a Win7 build.
It was a nice idea regarding the AUDIO_TS folders. I don't normally have these so I did just create them for the first four of my DVD movies. Still no change unfortunately. I've attached the latest log file which shows the scanner picking up the nfo's but nothing regarding images.

http://pastebin.com/jqSk3AYp

An example location would be "\\{Server}\DVDs\Movies\12 Angry Men (1957)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO".

Any other suggestions?
Just to clarify a little. Your movies show up in the Library view, but do not have any type of artwork(thumb/fanart) showing?

Your example doesn't show or you omitted the nfo and tbn files. You do have thumbs/fanart stored in with your movie? And if so, how were they created, library export or one of the managers? Please reshow your file structure with them, If not, that's fine, just want to double check.
That is correct. No cover art appears for dvds in Library mode. Single file encodes do show cover art. DVDs in file mode however are showing cover art correctly as do DVDs in Library mode if I select each DVD in turn and select the refresh option. It just appears to be the initial scan that fails to pull in cover art.

Taking the structure for 12 Angry Men as an example...

12 Angry Men (1957)\
AUDIO_TS\
VIDEO_TS\
folder.jpg
folder.png
folder.tbn
movie.jpg

12 Angry Men (1957)\VIDEO_TS\
folder.tbn
movie.jpg
movie.nfo

"My Movies" created the tbn and nfo files I believe as part of it's XBMC meta data creation functionality. The other images are me trying different combinations from what I have read on the WIKI and different form posts. I just can't seem to find the winning combination.
Russ -

Taken direct from an xbmc natively generated library export to seperate files - files should be named same as the video file. In this instance the nfo, tbn and fanart files should be named

VIDEO_TS.nfo
VIDEO_TS.tbn
VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg

All within the VIDEO_TS folder.

Personally I don't use any 3rd party scrapers - just let xbmc do the scrape, then export the data to seperate files as a back-up and saves time should you have to re-build your collection at any time.
Steelman1991,

You are dead on with the structure. That is how the library export does them. The nfo could also be movie.nfo and the thumb could be movie.tbn, but the fanart, from what I have found has to be VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg. And I agree on the not using 3rd party, XBMC does a good job.

I have been playing with a copy of one of Russkinguk's files, and it will work just fine if it is restructure as you have listed (that is how mine are) or as the other I have shown.

So Russkinguk, here is what I have found.
Option 1
If you rename your folder that is inside the VIDEO_TS folder called movie.jpg to VIDEO_TS.tbn then you would have a working thumb.

The issue for your fanart is a little bit of a problem. You don't have one inside that folder so it would have to be placed there and renamed to VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg to work.

If you do the moving and changing, then you will need to remove your source and remove all from path. And then re add the source and scrape, with use folder name, scan reclusive selected and nothing else selected, worked for me.

Option 2
Remove all of the nfo, jpg, tbn, and xml's from your folders and let XBMC scrape them for you. If all of your movies are named as the one that you sent me, they should scrape very well. And when you are done, you can always go into any movie and change fanart or thumbs if you like.

And when done, export your library, separate files option, and you will have all the needed nfo, tbn, and jpg that are used. This would also allow you to modify the nfo's if needed. And if you do modify them, you can just refresh any back in.

So, the question for you is, Do you need to use the My Movies data for other reasons? If so you would not have to delete any of the files inside there, you could just scrape when you do set content to exclude path.
Chaps, you are spot on!

VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.tbn for cover art.
VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg for fanart etc.

That's great then. The meta data I have is wrong but at least it is consistantly wrong! I will write a small routine that will post process these files for me, taking them from the incorrect locations and then copy and renameing them to the correct locations. Thanks ever so much for this!

The reason I use My Movies for this is because I like the quality of the data it provides. Using the MovieDB scraper, I felt that some of the plot descriptions were particually poor. With My Movies, the plot descriptions come straight from the DVD\BD\HD-DVD covers themselves. My Movies also downloads a high quality cover for the title matching the box art of your chosen format so it is very clear when looking at your collection what format the movies are in. This is especially useful if you have for instance the DVD and the BD of a few of your favorite movies as I do.

Thanks again for your efforts chaps! That's made my day!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DVD Covers for VIDEO_TS (Dharma RC2)0