ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0
Hi there,

I got mythtv running (Version which is in maverick repos).
While I'm watching LiveTV on the machine where also mythtv backend is running I can't connect with another Machine running xbmc as Frontend, I get this message: ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [myth://mythtv:[email protected]/channels/7.ts]
When I stop watching and start it on the xbmc Frontend it's working.
But then, when I try connecting with the xbmc frontend, where also the mythtv backend is running I get this message again and it won't connect, unless I stop watching on the client.
To make it short, it is not possible to watch Livetv on multiple clients simultaneously. I did a fresh Install, before I had lucid running with camelot and there it always worked.
Now it is maverick with dharma rc2 (on both machines).

Ok I finally found the problem.
In mythbackend the dvb-s card was set in "number of simultaneously recordings" to 1, which means that only one frontend can connect at the same time.
Because I never changed anything there after installation, I guess in versions before mythtv 0.23 it was set to minimum of three, cause I could connect with three frontends at the same time.
So now I changed it to 5 and I am able to watch livetv on more frontends at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 00