Jaunty + Dharma RC2 = SLOW!
I just updated to Dharma RC2 on my Acer Revo 1600, and it is slow. Really, really slow. Running the default Confluence skin, I press a button on the remote, and wait 5-7 seconds for a response. Also, the RSS feed is a lurchy crawl, not a scroll.

Technical:
Acer Revo 1600 with stock 1GB RAM
Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 (2.6.28-11) - installed right about 1 year ago from the LiveCD (installed to the hard drive)
XBMC Dharma 10.0-RC2 r35567

This was running just fine, screaming along happily earlier today running the pre-Camelot build of XMBC (don't remember exact version or name), using the Aeon skin.

Funny thing - it's very zippy once I get into the System menu - press a button and get a response. Outside the system menu, it crawls.

Let me know what other info I should provide to help figure this out.

TIA-
FreeMan
Without really giving an answer.. is it worth getting onto the newest version of Ubuntu?
That's an excellent question, and one that I'd like some feedback on from someone who can say definitively.

I was trying to hold off on doing any updates to the machine at all, but got a bit carried away, and, well, this is where I ended up. Sad
Very odd. I installed the Alaska skin and it just zips right along. I haven't had a chance to go back to Confluence to see if it's working OK now or not, but I'll post back when I get the chance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jaunty + Dharma RC2 = SLOW!0