SA-CD (Super Audio CD) disc playback
Information 
will it be possible to play dvd audio discs and super audio cd's in the future?
doubt that the xbox dvd drive can read it.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(hullebulle @ jan. 08 2004,21:48 Wrote:doubt that the xbox dvd drive can read it.
investigated before and xbox dvd-rom drive can't physicaly read sa-cd (super audio cd) disc as those require special drives, see here (link)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
how feasible would sacd or dvd-a playback be if a "compatible drive" were installed into the xbox in place of the stock dvd drive?

i know personally it would be totally worth the price of an xbox+sacd drive for that functionality, considering the cost of a decent sacd dvd-a player.
problem then is even if you can find a compatible drive, code support for it will still have to be written and unless you with the drive can do that yourself then your our of luck...
...unless you either convice a developer to buy a drive themself to implement this, or you buy a dev cabple of coding a drive, or you get mplayer to implement it (your best bet)

ps! are there even sacd drives available for the x86 (pc) ide-interface?, if not then it's a moot point anyway and without the hardware there is no good in having the software.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i did a search but couldn't find anything on this. maybe it's the player that is the limitation in this case...

/fred
sacd isnt opensource, also i dont know what type of format the discs are in

but true, they are not supported.

more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sacd

dont think we can support it, because the dvdrom reader can most likely not access the content on a sacd disc.

and if it could, next problem would be decrypting....

no go on sacd i'm afraid :pirate:

i tried the disc in the ms dash and no luck there either so you're totally right. the disc i tried is a hybrid, both cd and sacd. i would just be happy if it played only the cd part but as said the limitation is probably the dvd reader.

thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SA-CD (Super Audio CD) disc playback0