buffering very 15 min
I have mini itx case, inside asus at3iont-i mb and two hdd-s (c:wd green 1tb, d:wd green 2tb)

i have some random buffering and i think my problem is the following:

I set the d drive to turn of when idle after 15 minutes, and it turns of, but it also wakes up with no reason (i watch movie that is on c drive and when d drive spins up my video is buffering, same happens when hdd is spinning down)

I can understand why it is buffering but i cant understand why the d drive is waking up on its own, i tried everything i can think of (power mangement, hdd setup policies, turning of some processes) and it keeps happening

Maybe buffering has nothing to do with d drive, i dont know, i just want buffering gone, really could use some help because it is driving me crazy
I think I'm having the same problem. No idea how to fix it. And the really weird thing is that I did not have this problem for the first year I had the setup. Something changed about 4(?) months ago but I didn't immediately realize what was happening (drive buffering) so I didn't take note of what sw or hw changes I'd made recently.

Workaround might be to set the sleep delay to 2 or 4 hours, if you can?
2-4 hours is too much, because of a small itx case, it gets preety warm inside,but even if i do that i have random d drive wake-up and buffering, only it would be less often
1. if your system can't tolerate the continuous 10W of heat generated by the hard-drive then it's not ventilated enough. Also, don't forget that heat is 'relative' for computers, i.e., 100 or 110 F is probably perfectly acceptable. And Google did a big study which showed that dedicated cooling had no effect on the reliability of their millions of hard-drives, i.e., you don't need to worry about their temperature.

2. the point of my suggestion was to keep your d-drive 'running' (to avoid triggering buffering on the other drive) for the entire duration of any show or movie you might watch.
yes you are wright, it is non ventilated enough, because the case it is to small, but if i put another vent and run both disks all the time i will get heat down but noise will be up, and that is the thing that i am trying to avoid
the thing with d drive sleep is working for me, i have everything i want, no noise, heat is ok, everything works like a charm, except for the buffering
Hey there,

i think i get the same problem, my system is:
windows 7 x64
i7 860
8GB RAM
Max. Temp: 30°-40°C

and often i look a movie, the buffer runes out and for 2 minutes all stops. I havent any idea to fix it. Maybe some one can help me.

GreeetZ
Amokay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
buffering very 15 min0