xbmc wake on lan
i have xbmc installed on win7, motherboard is asus at3iont-i , have two hdd-s inside

general idea is that i use it as a multimedia player and as a server for other players in home network, which is working just fine
Recently i got an mce remote and now i am ble to put xbmc to sleep when i am not using it which bring us to my question

i want xbmc computer/server to wake up when someone try to acess shared folders on it

i tryed everything i can, i enabled in bios wake on pci-e, eup is enable, in win7 i enabled that network card can wake the computer, but it is not working

am i doing something wrong, or am i missing something
kimakika Wrote:i want xbmc computer/server to wake up when someone try to acess shared folders on it

Wake on LAN doesn't mean the PC wakes when it detects network activity. It means the PC wakes when set a specifically formatted packet through the network. I don't know of any way to have the PC wake on network activity. There's usually enough stray activity on networks that the PC would be continually awake anyway.

The closet you'll come is to have the power saving stop the disks until a sharing connection is made.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The closet you'll come is to have the power saving stop the disks until a sharing connection is made.

JR
He could call script to run a wake on lan program, then open the share. I do this with my work computers to back up my laptop. It's just a batch file.

btw, I have no idea if batch still works in Win7. I don't use windows, except at work. I would be happy to give you my files if your interested.

z

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc wake on lan0