Rev 3700 switches itself off in XBMC
I'm having a problem with XBMC on a brand new Acer Revo 3700 (2GB, 250GB, ION 2). XBMC will install in Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit without any issues and it starts, but within a minute of XBMC starting the whole PC switches off. There is no warning, it just turns off. I've tried different drivers for graphics and chipset. The same thing happens using XBMC Live from a USB stick. I've tried both 9.11 and the Dharma RC2 with the same result.

Has anyone got any ideas? Could it be a hardware issue? Are there any config files I can change?

Let me know if you need any more information.
If it happens in both Windows and Linux I'd guess there's a fault with the Revo. Overheating possibly?

JR
I am worried that it's a hardware problem, but I doubt it's overheating as it happens even from a cold boot after being switched off for a while.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
It could be overheating, I've now had a couple of fairly long sessions before it shutdown after starting from cold. Restarting immediately after then gave a shorter period before it shutdown.

What puzzles me now is that it will happily go along fine without shutting down in Windows, but XBMC kills it.

Does anyone think it could be a faulty Nvidia chipset that's being used when in XBMC but not Windows? Or does the Aero interface in Windows make use of that too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rev 3700 switches itself off in XBMC0