Please help. Asus Eeebox EB1012U + Ubuntu 9.10 + XBMC
Hi,
Please help me - I have Asus EeeBox EB1012U with installed Ubuntu 9.10. I have trouble to get out from it proper HDMI output to my TV Panasonic. Regardless resolution settings, modeline settings etc. I always get a slightly bigger picture than my TV is able/willing to show. I am using Nvidia ION hw, drivers version 195.
And second problem is audio over hdmi. I am not able to setup everything to get audio out of hdmi. Please any workaround?
Thank you
Rasto
1. have you checked your tv? most new ones atleast, support fullscreen.

2. If your tv doesnt, you can go to system->system->video output in xbmc and use video calibration.

However, if you use 24Hz or any other different for playback, you have to calibrate it on those refresh rates too. Assuming you use dharma.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
All zoom options on TV are even worse. I cannot even create a view, which will be smaller than screen (so with zoom it could be ok). Every view is bigger and zoom is not able to shrink it...

And TV is quite advanced 50" plasma. But fullscreen make picture bigger not smaller. I need some advice from Ubuntu gurus on how to make xorg.conf better. Or something similar. Video calibration on xbmc is possible but I don't know why xbmc is not holding it for long time. And do it every other day is annoying.

And of course - I need also next advice from ubuntu expert. What t do with voice over HDMI problem. Thank you.
No one is able to help me with an advice? No one is using such HW?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help. Asus Eeebox EB1012U + Ubuntu 9.10 + XBMC0