XBMC 10.0 installation question?
Does one needs to uninstall the old version before installing the new version in windows? Can both versions co-exist?
Uninstall old, keep profile folder, install new
That is what I normally do!

It is my understanding that the movie db schema has changed - Hence should I delete the db and scan to new db? Can somebody chime in?

Has the music db schema also changed?
Star 
I must have done something bad... I just installed the new one directly on top of the old one... seems to work ok for me.
Would Dharma RC2 autoupdate to this?
Upgrades without uninstalling should be fine but may leave your install folder a bit messy compared to a clean install. I would recommend an uninstall leaving your userdata folder But before you uninstall, export your DBs just in case. Your DBs should upgrade fine. Just don't expect them to work with anything older than 10.0.

No RC2 will not auto upgrade. XBMC does not currently have the ability to update itself.
kricker Wrote:Upgrades without uninstalling should be fine but may leave your install folder a bit messy compared to a clean install. I would recommend an uninstall leaving your userdata folder But before you uninstall, export your DBs just in case. Your DBs should upgrade fine. Just don't expect them to work with anything older than 10.0.

No RC2 will not auto upgrade. XBMC does not currently have the ability to update itself.

Thank you, will go update now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10.0 installation question?0