Can I define an internal Python script as a player in playercorefactory.xml?
I have some python scripts I want to run before certain movies start playing, so I'm trying to set these up as players defined in playercorefactory.xml. I can make it work by calling an external script and then starting the actual movie from that script via HTTPAPI or JSON/RPC, but it would be cleaner if I could just invoke Runscript() directly. Is this possible? I couldn't find anything in the playercorefactory documentation.
you could always added it to the skin.
I thought about that, but wasn't sure where too look in the skin files. What would I need to target in Confluence?
To clarify, I know I can do it in DialogVideoInfo.xml, but I'm trying to change the behavior of actually clicking on a movie directly, without going into the dialog
you could even add the Runscript() in keymap.xml to the play button
I like to know too.

I need to change the behavior of the Play OK/Play button only for files with the extension .mkv.

So i use the playercorefactory to start an external script.

It would be nice to start an internal pyton script to show a message box or stuff like that while i start the script.

Is it possible to change the behavior for mkvs only and start an internal py script?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I define an internal Python script as a player in playercorefactory.xml?0