Blu-ray movie library scraping issues
I have been using XBMC for a while. I recently upgraded my three boxes, 1 x Win Vista Ultimate 32bit, 2 x Dharma 10 Live installed to the HDD's.

All media is centrally stored on my 8TB HP Data Vault on my lan. I backup all of my movies as full disks essentially identical the to DVD or Blu-Ray disk. (Yes I know this takes up a lot of space but disk is very cheap!)

My problem is that the DVD's scrape perfectly on both XBMC on windows and XBMC Live. However Blu-ray movies do not scrape on XBMC Live only on Windows.

I have setup the machines with identical settings, but cannot get the Live versions to scrape the Blu-ray movies. I tried manually adding the movies by pointing to the index.bdmv file but cannot seem to get the movie to play.

On windows XBMC the library entries point to the index.bdmv files and all is well. I get movie info fanart etc. And the movie plays perfectly and the running time shows up correctly for the full length of the movie.

Can anyone help me please, my objective is to get off the windoze machine entirely and run all my XBMC systems using live version installed to HDD or flashdrive.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that helps.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
My other windoze install of Dharma 10 also worked fine and scraped the Blu-ray movies perfectly first time.

Seems to be a XBMC Dharma Live issue. Everything else is the same between boxes. Same settings, network shares etc.

Any help appreciated. I am currently back to win xmbc until I can resolve this.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Bump!

I cannot find any information on how to fix this or if others are having the same issues.

xbmc plays teh blu-ray native video files m2ts without any issues if I selct one directly in the file brower. But I cannot scrape the movies.

Anyone?

Cheers
Spart
Yeah, Linux lacks that support currently. The libraries are being worked on, I bet it will work by the next stable release.

Your options basically are use Windows, or point to m2ts files instead (those scrape fine).

poofyhairguy Wrote:Yeah, Linux lacks that support currently. The libraries are being worked on, I bet it will work by the next stable release.

Your options basically are use Windows, or point to m2ts files instead (those scrape fine).

Thanks for the response. If I point the scraper at teh STRAM driectory I get many many entrie sin the DB. Also on some BD moveis teh main movie file is obvious >20GB whilst on other it seems to spread across many many smaller files.

When scanning the STREAM directory like this XBMC does not stack the files. As you say someone must be working on a scraper for BD that follow sthe menu structure etc as per DVD. It is so easy and free to do a full backup of the BD Movie (although it takes up 4-6x more space than a DVD backup) the quality is awesome when played back on my xbmc setup.

HP Data Vault EX510 -> Netgear GB Switch -> ZOTAC MAG -> Sony 3400ES Amp -> SONY BRAVIA 55" Full HD

Cheers
Spart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray movie library scraping issues0