AL TV folder keeps reappearing in tv shows tab - episodes being wiped off the pc
hi, i recently started using xbmc on the recommendation of a friend, and i am well impressed, BUT

when i added some of my TV Shows, a few episodes from various shows ended up in a folder called AL TV, which seems to have appeared from nowhere. when i tried to put them back into their respective folders, i thought i had fixed the problem, so i then deleted the AL TV folder, only to realise that it wiped all my tv shows from my laptop without a chance to repair that.

i really like the look of xmbc, so i want to give it another chance but obviously i want to avoid the same scenario in the future. i have since started from scratch and will save my content on an external hd just in case, but upon restarting xmbc just now, there was a system scan an the AL TV folder reappeared.

SO MY QUESTIONS:

- what is the AL TV folder
- how can i avoid it reappearing
- how can i prevent future deletion of all my content.

thanks so much in advance for helping out a newbie.
I am having the same problem. I have an Al TV folder with 100 episodes. Even though I have no such folder on my pc. I've tried editing it from the file mode box xbmc crashes every time I try to bring up file view
This has something to do with the setting you are using for scraping. From memory I think that you have set it to be a flat video structure, rather than sorted by directory name. Or you haven't set scan recursively. Or something like that.

To fix, remove your current library by removing the source from XBMC and cleaning library, fix the scan settings and rescan (sorry I can't remember what you exactly need to do, but play around with the different settings till it works)
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AL TV folder keeps reappearing in tv shows tab - episodes being wiped off the pc0