Am i just an idiot? i cant install the Live cd to the harddrive
im trying to follow this guide

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/xbmc-ion/module/4

Here is what is going on. I am using the newest xbmc live install 10.0

Boots up fine. i select guided and use the entire harddrive

i select and format the partitions

Then it says "installing the system" gets finished and a big menu pops up. i go to select user id and passwords and it then it goes back to "installing system" it finished and i try user id and passwords again and it goes back to installing system.

i try to install a boot loader and it goes back to installing the system

what gives??

any help?
thanks!
download it again and burn a new disk. Must have some corrupt files, or a bad disk.
did you remove the CD as it is suggested in the last screenshot of the tutorial you follow? Huh
borisdenice Wrote:did you remove the CD as it is suggested in the last screenshot of the tutorial you follow? Huh

nope..i dont get that far...im gonna try dwnloading it again
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm trying to install to a USB stick and am getting the same results. I've downloaded and created mulitple Live CDs with the same result. And when I try running XBMC from the Live CD, it shows the XBMC logo and fills in the 5 dots under it and then freezes there with the alpha and scroll lock lites on the keyboard flashing. I've tried it on two seperate systems with the same results.

I was able to upgrade an existing RC copy I installed about 2 weeks ago...so at least that part is working. But I can't install from a new Live CD.

jmichael99....try to run XBMC from the Live CD and see what you get.
it runs perfect from the live cd...thats why i wanted to install it
Sparks14 Wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. I'm trying to install to a USB stick and am getting the same results. I've downloaded and created mulitple Live CDs with the same result. And when I try running XBMC from the Live CD, it shows the XBMC logo and fills in the 5 dots under it and then freezes there with the alpha and scroll lock lites on the keyboard flashing. I've tried it on two seperate systems with the same results.

I was able to upgrade an existing RC copy I installed about 2 weeks ago...so at least that part is working. But I can't install from a new Live CD.

jmichael99....try to run XBMC from the Live CD and see what you get.

What is your hardware config. Live cd does not work on my atom 525 (Seems to be with the 500 series processors ) with nm10 chipset under lucid. I had to build from Maverick 10.10, otherwise it just sets their with the XBMC Logo/Dots and then freezes with bus/processor errors. You probably need the Maverick Live release, I wish they would release one soon. XBMCfreaks Beta 1 and Beta 2 Maverick fails also.
speed32219 Wrote:What is your hardware config. Live cd does not work on my atom 525 (Seems to be with the 500 series processors ) with nm10 chipset under lucid. I had to build from Maverick 10.10, otherwise it just sets their with the XBMC Logo/Dots and then freezes with bus/processor errors. You probably need the Maverick Live release, I wish they would release one soon. XBMCfreaks Beta 1 and Beta 2 Maverick fails also.

I have both a P4 and an Core 2 Duo system. However, I re-downloaded the LiveCD file and it is now working. The sha-1 hash from the file that didn't work is 34DE86834314A4A810EA97CFEB45BF969B32585B and the one that works is 2C9E6EF450BBC9EC2706991BCFE2A53F7A065EB7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Am i just an idiot? i cant install the Live cd to the harddrive0