Multiple external subtitles support?
i have tried to setup multiple subtitles with divx, but with no luck. i use subrip and the naming convention is supposed to be movie.language1.srt | movie.language2.sub | movie.language3.sub | etc. this doesn't work with xbmc. can someone recommend the most common and compatible multi subtitle format, which work on xbmc?

thanks
xbmc will only recognize subtitle files with exact the same name as the moviefile as of yet (for example matrix.avi and matrix.srt).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
ok, and the remedy are? should the multiple subtitles be put in the same file or someting?
well i tried to say that it is not possible atm to have more than one seperated subfile for a movie.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Sad 
hi all,

this is a feature i always miss in xbmp and i'd like to know whether this will be implemented in xmbc:

would it be possible to select which subtitle file do you want to load (as in bsplayer where by default a file with the same name and srt/sub/... extension is loaded and played but you can always have the option to load another subtitle file).

i'm asking this because we don't always follow the convention of naming the subtitle file with the same name of the video file.

regards,
xvrbx
i agree. i would love to see this feature.
this is much needed for us with english as the secondary language, having to choose between english and native language subtitles, which for obvious reasons can't both have the same name as the video file.
besides i think it's normal to have all of your subtitle files stashed away in another folder to avoid the mess it would otherwise be.
as of now, it's just a tad annoying having to go to your pc to move and/or rename subtitle files before you play a movie.
would love it if this could work it's way into the osd where you had one button to open up the directory/share defined in the xml, <subtitledirectory/>.
this is a great feature to be implemented , i'd love to see it in the next build... :kickass:
Big Grin 
hello !
i've recently bought a modded xbox (with that samsung drive) to play my divxs burnt on cd-rs.
and i was relatively disappointed (don't get me wrong guys, you're doing a great job :bowdown: ) to see that xbmc/p doesn't handle the subsitles as flexibly as the vobsub/vsfilter filter for windows by gabest Shocked .

that very popular filter of course autoloads subtitles, for a movie called movie.avi, named movie.xxx where xxx is a valid subtitles extension (like .srt, .sub ...).

but it also autoloads subtitles named like movie.anythingyouwant.xxx usually you would use that possibility to put subtitles in several languages say : movie.english.srt movie.french.srt movie.german.sub.
what is nice is that the "anythingyouwant" part will be used as a description for the subtitles in the menu where you can switch between several ones.

but vobsub/vsfilter goes even further and will not only autoload subtitles in the movie's file directory but also will also automatically look for them in a subdirectory called "subtitles" would it exist.

so actually what you can basicaly do is put all your subtitles in a subdirectory called "subtitles" mixing different types (.srt ones, .idx/.sub ones etc.) and vobsub/vsfilter will sort it all out.

actually i used that flexibility a lot to burn all my divx collection on cd-rs and i would really love xmbc to be able to read them directly without having to copy manually all subtitles and renaming them.

another option that would be cool, would be to be able to browse directories (on the hd or cd/dvd) to be able to load manually any sub.

i don't think it should be that hard to implement for guys that did such a great work Smile

thanks !
i want to give a suggestion for future releases. the suggestion is to make possible select divx/xvid subtitles in xbmc because the program doesn't reads subtitles when they does not have the same name as the movie file. thx for your great work!!!!!!!!!
yes id like to see this too.
shouldnt be so hard to implement.
just let it look for the exact same name until a . (point)
mymovie.avi
mymovie.english.srt
mymovie.dutch.sub
it is the possibility i've been waiting for long time and i think that we all will have to wait. i pin my hopes on developers that they will read this topic and will decide to help us.
i have many cd's with different .txt files and i would like to choose which subtitle i want to play.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=6973

for your reference (and joy).

spiff
i just want to make sure this project has not been forgotten, and that if its final, it could be added to the cvs.

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=6973

thanks ! Cool
i have movies burned:

xxxx-en.srt
xxxx-cht.srt

in stead of:

xxxx.en.srt
xxxx.cht.srt

maybe someone can add the "-" filter, so country codes would also be recognized after a -
real_men_don't_need_spacebars.
related (for reference) => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=11505
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple external subtitles support?0