How to upgrade to Dharma?
Hello,
I have XBMC 9.11 running on Ubuntu 9.10 minimal, HW - Asrock 330. I'm pretty fine with Ubuntu 9.10 and have a lot of running processes in background. Is it a way just to upgrade XBMC 9.11 to Dharma without reinstalling everything?
Thanks
I was in the same boat as you. I followed these directions and it mostly worked:

http://boshdirect.com/blogs/tech/upgrade...t-svn.html

The difference is I used the team-xbmc ppa instead of team-xbmc-svn.

After that, there were a couple of things that needed reconfiguring. I had to change the screensaver off of, then back on to Slideshow (and reconfig it to point to the right pictures dir). Also had to turn ProjectM back on. Everything else was ready to go.
Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
Quote:sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

as long as you have this repository in your list
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Many thanks, XBMC was upgraded without any problems.
After Upgrading to Dharma, I have two problems.

1) There is not a Scripts Menu to run Scripts

2) For Music, when unchecking library mode there is no menu to add source or to browse files.

Running Lucid Linux, installing using synaptics package manager, with ppa.launchpad.net/team-XBMC/ppa ubuntu lucid .

Any ideas how to correct the problems?
Quote:After Upgrading to Dharma, I have two problems.

1) create your own thread
2) scripts is replaced by add-ons
3) well...there must be. Try changing skin or at least tell people what skin you are using.
I have tried several skins. After deleting the original source xml file, I was able to start over and add sources to the music directory. File must have become corrupted when upgrading.

As for addons - OK. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to upgrade to Dharma?0