Media items not deletable in XBMC
Question 
Today I freshly installed Ubuntu Maverick 64-bit. I installed XBMC from the ppa and it installs and works great.

I used to be able to delete movies and music from within XBMC following

HOW-TO install XBMC for Linux on Asrock ION 330 with full Ubuntu Desktop

I think the main problem is caused by Maverick not having a polkit-auth command.
My custom-actions.pkla:
Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:chris
Action=org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.*;org.freedesktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable;org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=yes

I would like to know how I can configure XBMC to allow me to delete media.
chrmt2 Wrote:Today I freshly installed Ubuntu Maverick 64-bit. I installed XBMC from the ppa and it installs and works great.

I used to be able to delete movies and music from within XBMC following

HOW-TO install XBMC for Linux on Asrock ION 330 with full Ubuntu Desktop

I think the main problem is caused by Maverick not having a polkit-auth command.
My custom-actions.pkla:
Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:chris
Action=org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.*;org.freedesktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable;org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=yes

I would like to know how I can configure XBMC to allow me to delete media.

IIRC, if you look in Settings->Appearance->File Lists there should be radio button to allow you to delete/rename files and media.
Yes, the file list setting should be enough. But you are right, the policy settings are different now. I dont use 10.10 but in 10.04 you can find the corresponding settings in.
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/

It is probably better to create a custom file but these files can be used as template. (I edited them directly...)
Vikjon0, Vajonam,

Thanks! The file settings are so obvious...
I only have 10.10 and don' t really need to shutdown the pc within xbmc. I will mark this thread solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media items not deletable in XBMC0