Xbmc live

I have installed xbmc live but struggling trying to mount my 3 internal drives, which I hope still have my movies on them, I have got the command line and entered Sudo fdisk -l and can then see my drives SDB SDB1 SDC1 SDD1 it tells me my ID is 7 and that the system is hpfs/ntfs,. Please bear with me coming from windows where it seemed to be a lot easier to add the drives. what do I need to do now, step by step would be appreciated

Paul Smile
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MountingWindowsPartitions&l=1
Kodi Leia v18.6 Android | Sony Bravia KD-65X9000E
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
Could you please make the subject more detailed?
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Assuming that the parititions exists and are formated.
If not the case..you could e.g. download a gparted cd and boot or you and install gparted.

Quote:1)
View partitions:
sudo fdisk -l
Hopefully you can find your unmounted partition. (if you did not create the partition

you need to install gparted)
In my case the partition is /dev/sda3
2)
Create a mount point (in this case a folder in the root):
sudo mkdir /storage
3)
Edit the fstab:
sudo cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab_backup
sudo nano /etc/fstab
Add:
/dev/sda3 /storage ext4 defaults 0 2
ext4 since I remember selecting that when I created the partition.
4)
mount:
sudo mount -a
5) set permissions
sudo chown -R xbmc:xbmc /storage
sudo chmod -R 777 /storage
I will try, I have a computer which has 4tb of media on it, It was running windows 7, and xbmc dharma, I wanted to use live as it gives a set top box feel, I downloaded the iso burnt to dvd and insatalled, every thing seems to work, but i cannot mount my internal hard drives, there are ntfs, I thought it would be a simple case of goin in to add source, selcting the drive and scanning into the library, but this does not work on live, it seems i need to use terminal, this is where i dont have a clue, i have never used linux, and need pointers on how to this, i have looked at the first posters link, but it makes no sense to me

Paul
you can also remove the nodiskmount parameter from the grub line, but if you feel this too advance I would recommend you to go back to win on the file server (or of course a linux with desktop) and perhaps install xbmclive on a separate top box with only 10-20Gb disk and use it all for the OS.
Thanks for your reply, I think i will stick to windows, it took me a while to figure it out, and all works well, evena mac is easier, maybe that is one for the devs, that is you are using live, have an easy way to add source from internal drives, thanks again for the assistance

Tusand Tak

Paul
Quote:for the devs, that is you are using live, have an easy way to add source from internal drives
Yes, I think the reason xbmc does not do it by default is that it happened that in certain advanced disk setups the disk arrays got corrupted.

Perhaps it is possible to create an add-on that either mounts the disks in fstab or turn on the automount. The latter should not be too complicated for some that knows who to create a add-on. (which I don't for the moment)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post676014

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc live0