XBMC Hanging on Exit when internet is down?
I am not sure if I need to post a log, I can do so, but my issue is sporadic.

Revo 3610 (Ion-ATOM 330 nettop)
Win7 x64

latest nforce and Nvidia GPU drivers
XBMC 10.0 (but I had this issue since about Dharma beta 2)

XBMC hangs my whole PC with a black screen when exiting if my internet connection is down.

I've read other threads with the same issue and I have disabled the show recently added shows, I run it by disabling aero (via XMBC.exe properties->uncheck desktop composition).

This fixed the issue mostly save the odd occasion that I lose my inet connection. When that happens I still get a hang when exiting XBMC.

By that I mean, my internal network is still up (connected via wifi to the Revo) but my access to the internet is down (usually caused by my DSL temporarily loosing sync and then router unable to connect via PPPoE).

Obviously fixing that issue should be paramount, but until my DSL provider gets its act in order I am SOL on it (its seems to be a line issue as it only happens in bad weather but getting Bell to fix anything is like pulling teeth).

What is XBMC doing that it needs an active inet connection when closing, its not like it is in the middle of scrapping. I am closing it manually. Perhaps the RSS feed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Hanging on Exit when internet is down?0