• 14(current)
Linux HOW-TO compile XBMC from a GIT source
is this script safe to use with beta3 ?
I used this a month or two ago to update an XBMC Live install to Beta 2. Since doing that last (about a month ago) the git compile fails with a make file error, so I can only imagine that beta3 broke this script as-is. Maybe we're missing some dependancies.

For what it's worth, XBMCbuntu seems to make this script obsolete anyway.
Why would XBMCBuntu make this script obsolete? Has anyone written a similar guide for how to compile from git over XBMCBuntu?
(2012-04-29, 16:19)blm14 Wrote: Why would XBMCBuntu make this script obsolete? Has anyone written a similar guide for how to compile from git over XBMCBuntu?

I need that guide! I am using xbmcbuntu off the bat but I want to update via git (to keep up with current releases). Is there a guide for this? I noticed that the guide mentioned in the first post refers to XBMC live and not XBMCBuntu. Please advise.
(2012-05-18, 10:35)gmathews Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 16:19)blm14 Wrote: Why would XBMCBuntu make this script obsolete? Has anyone written a similar guide for how to compile from git over XBMCBuntu?

I need that guide! I am using xbmcbuntu off the bat but I want to update via git (to keep up with current releases). Is there a guide for this? I noticed that the guide mentioned in the first post refers to XBMC live and not XBMCBuntu. Please advise.

The guide should work fine in ANY Linux perhpas the op is using xbmc-live which if it is not installed the cmd will return something like "not found"

Though it is outdated (because dependecies) which anyone can add to the list and use it.

It is what it is a GUIDE not a abosolute.

Install commonsense_lib1 and enjoy.

im getting:
This version of the AC_PYTHON_DEVEL macro
doesn't work properly with versions of Python before
2.1.0. You may need to re-run configure, setting the
variables PYTHON_CPPFLAGS, PYTHON_LDFLAGS, PYTHON_SITE_PKG,
PYTHON_EXTRA_LIBS and PYTHON_EXTRA_LDFLAGS by hand.
Moreover, to disable this check, set PYTHON_NOVERSIONCHECK
to something else than an empty string.

i have:
ii libpython2.7:amd64 2.7.3-12 amd64 Shared Python runtime library (version 2.7)
ii libpython2.7-dev:amd64 2.7.3-12 amd64 Header files and a static library for Python (v2.7)
ii libpython2.7-minimal:amd64 2.7.3-12 amd64 Minimal subset of the Python language (version 2.7)
ii libpython2.7-stdlib:amd64

etc ..

I'm getting this error while compiling. How can I avoid?

configure: error: in `/root/xbmc/lib/libdvd/libdvdcss':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
configure: error: Submodule lib/libdvd/libdvdcss failed to configure
(2015-10-05, 18:20)SencerH Wrote: I'm getting this error while compiling. How can I avoid?

configure: error: in `/root/xbmc/lib/libdvd/libdvdcss':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
configure: error: Submodule lib/libdvd/libdvdcss failed to configure

I made the obvious text more obvious
(2015-10-06, 14:20)un1versal Wrote: I made the obvious text more obvious

I'm already checked the file but I can't figure out the problem. That's why I wrote here if there is some one has been solved this issue mr.Obvious Smile
Unless you are some expert and know how to interpret the files you are reading (my guess is you are not), then without actually looking your file, nothing else can be done.
Somewhere between the 13 and 13.1 releases I was no longer able to compile XBMC from source. I was able to compile v13 when it was first released (from the Gotham branch). Then, 13.1 was announced and I decided not to try the betas/RCs; so I have not attempted to compile those. When the final 13.1 version was released, I tried to compile that one, with the same procedure as I've used every time with success. But this time, it didn't work...
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile XBMC from a GIT source12