Some questions
First time posting, so apologies if not in the right area for these questions. Currently using Windows XP, will possibly be switching to Linux.

1. Are there plugins or scripts that currently use TV Tuner Cards? I want to add one (I have 2 Alchemy TV cards for the Mac, but I'm not sure how or if I could use those in XP or Linux) to make it an all-inclusive package.

2. Is there a way to use/control a Griffin RadioShark within XBMC?

3. Are there Web interfaces that currently allow you to interface with the add-ons? It'd be nice to use either one of our laptops or (in the future) a tablet/smartphone-based device (ipod touch, ipad, galaxy tab) to access the Hulu/Youtube plug-ins or control DVD menus without getting up to grab a keyboard. (Yes, I know there's VNC, but it slows down the main machine and is too complicated for my GF.)

4. Which version of Linux works best with XBMC? I'd go live if I felt I wasn't going to have to work at getting the plugins to work the way I want it to.

5. Are there any plugins that integrate a Google-Chrome browser within XBMC?

6. What's the best place, beyond the XBMC documentation, for creating plugins and scripts that work with XBMC? I have a gut feeling I'll be wanting to do this.

Thanks, sorry for so many questions, and sorry if I have this in the wrong spot.
Okay, hate reading other people do this, but I really would appreciate a response. Thank you.
w2ed Wrote:First time posting, so apologies if not in the right area for these questions. Currently using Windows XP, will possibly be switching to Linux.

1. Are there plugins or scripts that currently use TV Tuner Cards? I want to add one (I have 2 Alchemy TV cards for the Mac, but I'm not sure how or if I could use those in XP or Linux) to make it an all-inclusive package.

2. Is there a way to use/control a Griffin RadioShark within XBMC?

3. Are there Web interfaces that currently allow you to interface with the add-ons? It'd be nice to use either one of our laptops or (in the future) a tablet/smartphone-based device (ipod touch, ipad, galaxy tab) to access the Hulu/Youtube plug-ins or control DVD menus without getting up to grab a keyboard. (Yes, I know there's VNC, but it slows down the main machine and is too complicated for my GF.)

4. Which version of Linux works best with XBMC? I'd go live if I felt I wasn't going to have to work at getting the plugins to work the way I want it to.

5. Are there any plugins that integrate a Google-Chrome browser within XBMC?

6. What's the best place, beyond the XBMC documentation, for creating plugins and scripts that work with XBMC? I have a gut feeling I'll be wanting to do this.

Thanks, sorry for so many questions, and sorry if I have this in the wrong spot.

1. There is a pvr branch. I don't use it myself but I know there are some threads dedicated to it.

2. Not a clue. I would say not currently.

3. Remotes: yes there are several options including a android based remote, several iPhone/iPad based remote options, and several web front ends.

4. Ubuntu from everything I've seen. I use win 7 x64. I believe the live distro is ubuntu based - although that's just my bad memory at work.

5. No.

6. There aren't any I'm aware of. Learn python and tear apart some existing add ons seems to be the preferred method of figuring it out.

I know none of that is terribly helpful, but you should probably do some more hunting in the boards for more specific answers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some questions0