Copy DVD to Harddrive
Hello,
I just installed XBMC on a old computer of mine ( stand-alone ) and it works perfect, but i want to copy a DVD box of a tv-series to my Harddrive, how do i do this ? And is it possible ?
Thanks in advance,
Mick
Google: Rip DVD
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Mick731 Wrote:Hello,
I just installed XBMC on a old computer of mine ( stand-alone ) and it works perfect, but i want to copy a DVD box of a tv-series to my Harddrive, how do i do this ? And is it possible ?
Thanks in advance,
Mick

I use DVD Fab - quick, easy and free. It will also let you choose if you want to rip the whole movie or just the main movie which is handy if you are short on HDD space.

If you want to convert the rip files to another format then that's where it gets tricky and you need to read up on the most suitable formats for your usage. You can upgrade to the premium version of DVD Fab if you want to do this. I also have an old install of HDVD Fab for ripping my old HD DVD's and again they play fine in XBMC.

If you just want a straight rip and have plenty of hard disk space then honestly DVD Fab combined with XBMS is really easy. FYI I also use PS3 Media Server which can transcode the same rips to a lower quality to PS3's I have in other rooms.
Mick there are lots of threads here that explain how to do exactly that. Also the web is full of tutorials and howto's. The question you are asking is too generic to answer with anything except "YES". There are too many different ways to do what you want. It depends on you and your preferences on how to go about it.

Search the web and you will find lots of help, then come back with a more specific question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy DVD to Harddrive0