XbFileZilla FTP monitor/logging in real-time
the feature of my choice would be a menu or a seperate python script which enables the user to view the xbfilezilla server log as one would get to see using the "filezilla server interface.exe" which is distributed with the windows version of the filezilla server.

in short i'd like to:
*see how many/which users are connected to my xbfilezilla
*see when they (dis)connected
*see what they did (i.e. which dirs they listed, what they transferred)

and now for the tricky part:
*be able to hide/unhide the log window (which would be possible using the debug window instead of a pop-up, but it would require the debug window to be summoned -> white button assignment problem)

i've been fooling around with the log settings of the xbfilezilla server but found them to be pretty useless. (the statement that the server was started is probably the least meaningful statement you could expect.) furthermore, even if the log would provide me with the info i seek, i still wouldn't be able to view them in real-time.

maybe i've overlooked, but i can't seem to locate a python script for the xbox that does something remotely similar.
i had a same problem and found out that logging was disabled altogether in filezilla because few date formatting win32 functions were not implemented in xbox sdk. if you can compile your own build, you can get my patch from sourceforge patches section.. it's not yet in cvs, but maybe developers will pick it up from there.
thank you very much, as i'm able to compile xbmc myself i will give your patch a shot. Smile
(jarkkom @ jan. 13 2005,00:34 Wrote:but maybe developers will pick it up from there.
picked up and checked into cvs. Smile thanks! :thumbsup:

@all: please note that logging is disabled in "filezilla server.xml" by default.

greets

bobbin007
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XbFileZilla FTP monitor/logging in real-time0