Preloading movie icons
Question 
Hello everyone,

I'm having a "strange" problem.
I modded the cirrus skin a few weeks ago, to build a new wallview with 33 movie icons per page. It works pretty good on my revo, even if it's a bit slow to draw all the icons. But the page draws immediately with all the controls (and empty spaces for the icons), then the icons progressively appear as they're loaded.
In my new skin, i'm trying to build a wallview too, this time with 30 icons per page. The problem is that the page won't draw while all the icons aren't loaded.
The same thing appends when i move down to the next line. Nothing appends while the ten next icons are not fully loaded.
I've read almost all the xml of cirrus and wasn't able to find anything that could help...
Maybe somebody have an idea ?

Thx,
Jomo
Use background loading -

Add <preloaditems>2</preloaditems> to the main panel control and this to all movie image control - <texture background="true"></texture>
you need to define <preloaditems> in your panel container.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Panel_Container
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank u so much ! I already added the preload line but i thought it would be enough... Big Grin Never imagined i had to put background=true to the textures...
Anyway thx !

Jomo

PS: I'm always surprised how fast i get answers here, even for that kind of question which seems really "newbie" Wink
jomo Wrote:PS: I'm always surprised how fast i get answers here, even for that kind of question which seems really "newbie" Wink

Don't be:-) Hitcher & Ronie are 2 most helpful guys here. I really mean it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preloading movie icons0