Should this laptop be ok to stream HD via XBMC?
i have a shuttle ion 2 with an atom dualcore and it wont handle streaming HD via a wired connection from a server..skips every 30sec-2min. someone is offering to sell me this laptop for $100 and it just needs a harddrive

AMD Turion 64bit 2ghz
2gb ram
ill have a small harddrive..whatever i can find cheap with 7200rpm
HDMI out to a samsung52 in

note the streaming works fine on my sony laptop with an i3 chip.. i was going to build an htpc but for $100 i can just hide the laptop in my tv stand
Any ION2 based PC ought to be able to play 1080p just fine. What OS and what version of XBMC are you using?

Re the laptop: the key thing is the video chip, which you don't mention. I'm not familiar with the Turion processor, but it might be borderline for playing high bitrate 1080p without hardware acceleration.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Any ION2 based PC ought to be able to play 1080p just fine. What OS and what version of XBMC are you using?

Re the laptop: the key thing is the video chip, which you don't mention. I'm not familiar with the Turion processor, but it might be borderline for playing high bitrate 1080p without hardware acceleration.

JR

iv tried

win7 ultimate
win 7 home pre
ubuntu
xbmc live, which is ubuntu also, which you already knew lol
tried it with the files on the htpc
tried it with streaming from a server on the same switch
all with the lastest download ver10

if you have some more ideas im open to anything...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should this laptop be ok to stream HD via XBMC?0