in the first post of this topic... or in following link
http://rapidshare.com/files/453447230/XB...de_0.5.pdf
gollumscave Wrote:in the first post of this topic... or in following link
http://rapidshare.com/files/453447230/XB...de_0.5.pdf

that link does not seem to work just takes me to site with no file to dowload
the link works
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
lagledavid Wrote:that link does not seem to work just takes me to site with no file to dowload

Same issue here. Tested with several files from other sources as well, all with the same result.

Maybe they're blocking certain countries now. Sad
link does not work. How do you download from rapidshare.com? do I have to buy something in rapidshare?
thanks
Link works fine for me.
It works for me. It showed several windows:
What is Rapid share? --- Buy rapidPro --- Save File to your... Computer --- Save File to your... Rapid Share Account.

Under "Save File to Your Computer" there is a green download button to click.

Maybe you see something else?
I also have no luck with the above link. My browser loads the link and then refreshes back to the RapidShare home page, and then asks me to throw money at the screen. Is there some kind of block/is the file still available?

Thanks
Hey how about putting this guide on the XBMC Live CDs? That way when people handout these users have a manual to read from.

It'd ideal.

Other boring "I'm a techy dude who lays out his resume with a text language" Question: How did you do that layout? Is this pure LaTeX or something like LibreOffice you do this with?

And another "I'm writing code and sheepherd strange boxen for a living" kind of Question:
How about better/less pixely screenshots and a repo on the git server of XBMC? That would allow you to gain "some" traction definitely. There are also places like Github.com (https://github.com). People could fork/contribute more easily.
This guide will not be completed. I have started working on the Eden guide but am lacking time as always...
The guide is made in..... hold on to your hat.... "Word..."

I am sure making a guide with help of the community is an option, and it will surely be something that is useful, but the endresult would be more like the current "wiki"... The advantage of a guide written by one user is that you have the whole thing written in one style. Knowing how stuff works is just 50% of creating a guide. Knowing how to translate and write it into understandable words and keep it interresting to read is just as hard as understanding the subject you're writing about...
Do you know any guide for xbmc programmer / a good guide for skinner ?
The guide should be targeting completely new programmer/skinner to xbmc.
For those having issues getting the PDF, I put a copy on mediafire.
AYColumbia Wrote:For those having issues getting the PDF, I put a copy on mediafire.

Good job AYColumbia - and welcome. Obviously many were having difficulty accessing this. +1
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Can someone please put it somewhere other than mediafire - mediafire is often filtered out on shared net connections (universities, work etc.)

xbmc.org is happy to host - DDDamian just ping TheUni for an upload.

@gollumscave: Did we ever get the source files for this so that others can continue in your absence?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@jmarshall - file uploaded to XBMC GitHub downloads page: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/downloads
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC Beginners Guide (PDF)7