Please comment on this XBMC build
poofyhairguy Wrote:I actually have both PSUs so I can comment on exact differences:

1. The Earthwatts is a little bit louder thanks to a 80mm fan.
2. The Neo is single rail, so it is perfect for a media server (where mine is)
3. The Earthwatts is a little more efficient.

So the big question - which would you recommend if you had to choose one? Sounds like it is more a tradeoff of noise vs. efficiency? The case I am getting has 3 fans as it is, so I doubt the 80mm in the Earthwatts will seem any louder than the Neo. What do you think?
I like the Neo a little bit more. Being a Seasonic PSU underneath it might be the best lower watt PSU Antec has. Because of it I also bought the 620w Neo to replace a 650w Earthwatts I was using...

poofyhairguy Wrote:I like the Neo a little bit more. Being a Seasonic PSU underneath it might be the best lower watt PSU Antec has. Because of it I also bought the 620w Neo to replace a 650w Earthwatts I was using...

Poof - Do you think the top-mounted fan might be an issue in this case? Looks like it wouldn't have a whole lot of room for airflow. See pic #4.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGalle...TPC%20Case

By the way - just saw your review on Newegg for the Neo!
i agree on the Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W $35 after rebate...
i've also recommended it to another user called bmcclure937!!
so that would be my pick!

Regarding the RAM, they have both the exact same specs and price...
we really have to nit-pick here...
i would go with the G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB)...
It may dissipate the heat better judging by the shape it has...
but im totally assuming here...
and they look great too!
but really, both are great!!
i wouldn't worry....
bswiz Wrote:Poof - Do you think the top-mounted fan might be an issue in this case? Looks like it wouldn't have a whole lot of room for airflow. See pic #4.

Hmmm.. Well Antec puts the Earthwatts 380 in the competing case, and maybe for that reason. I don't think it will be a big deal because the Neo puts off very little heat....

This certainly looks like a very large case. I honestly don't think you'll have any issues with the airflow given the components of your build. You may not even need to connect all the fans in the case.
Great, thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. I think I will go with the Neo. Really would like to try an SSD but it's going to have to wait for now.

Don't think prices are going to go much lower from Newegg, so I will probably pull the trigger today.

Hopefully everything works well - if not, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!
How about this 60G SSD for $90 after rebate?

OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820227542

60GB doesn't seem like a lot of space, but all I really need is Windows7, XBMC, and maybe a few other programs (anti-virus, VNC, etc). It might be enough space.

Wondering if the extra $50 or so (vs what I was going to give my friend for his WD 2.5" 250GB drive) is better spent for the SSD or for the IOGear wireless RF keyboard.

How much is a keyboard really needed once XBMC is setup? Most (if not all) actions should work fine with just remote, right? The only thing that really comes to mind for a KB use is searching on Hulu.
Windows7 + XBMC + a few other programs = 32GB SSD is enough!!

and read reviews about OCZ mail in rebates.. people complain like hell....
Last night I received my Saphire Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card and installed into my HTPC. I set the color space for 16-235 and not 0-255 like I used to have with the intel i3 HD Graphics.. Also set it to YcBcR 4:4:4 instead of RGB. If I am honest with you the colors do not pop as much as they used to when using RGB with the intel i3 HD Graphics .. Can anyone please give me any tips on how to make this better? I thought that Component was better for videos? On the Epson TW3200 menu info it actually says Component, 12 Bit Color etc.. It actually makes the 1080p .mkv files look a little washed out? Any help will be much appreciated ..

Many Thanks.
What TV do you have?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please comment on this XBMC build0