• 6(current)
[AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support?
Any first hand experience if this will speed up XBMC?
Advocate Wrote:If I scrape on my main machine then i get everything showing on my ATV2 but without thumbs or fan art. I then have to rescrape on the ATV2 to get thumbnails etc to show....most frustrating

Can't you just ftp it across to the ATV2? or does this not work?

Where did I read, if you install Samba on the ATV2 first and then XBMC, that remote thumbnails work?

found it... http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=724688&postcount=5
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
transcender Wrote:False. I think if you read from the nature of this thread's 7 pages thus far, this is not correct. More generic info can be found on the wikis.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails
Many people use 3rd party scrapers. That just gives you a static place to pull from the LAN vs WAN when scraping initially but that information is still cached locally in the databases as well as the images, which are NOT in the database.
The images and library information shown in XBMC don't come from those 3rd party files. The information comes from the database and the images the locally cached images on the client.
Those nfos/jpgs....blah blah are just there for the scrape into XBMC and not used again. If you watch a file and it gets 'mark as watched', its marked as watched in the database NOT your NFO.

So if you have NFO/TBN/JPG in the directory with the movie, when XBMC scrapes, does it actually take the TBN/JPG's specified in the NFO file and grab THOSE on the network to put into it's video DB, or does it still grab those off the internet?
I'm not trying to flame or anything but doesnt anyone read threads or links? I half way expect a post like whats XBMC soon...
Why are generic questions under XBMC Community Forum > Help and Support > XBMC General Help and Support > XBMC for iOS Specific Support
[AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support? They derail the conversation/discussion to people soliciting technical support...like resolving as matbor says his continued inability to get his remote thumbnails resolved finally getting mine to work (albeit perhaps arbitrarily?) was a relief.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
matbor Wrote:Can't you just ftp it across to the ATV2? or does this not work?

Where did I read, if you install Samba on the ATV2 first and then XBMC, that remote thumbnails work?

found it... http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=724688&postcount=5

The post you are referring to is for the original ATV not ATV2. Huh

At this point it is not possible to mount remote disks as part of the filesystem on ATV2 (see davilla's post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=701278&postcount=6)
vicbitter Wrote:The post you are referring to is for the original ATV not ATV2. Huh

At this point it is not possible to mount remote disks as part of the filesystem on ATV2 (see davilla's post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=701278&postcount=6)

BlushBlushBlush
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
There is a commit in the latest dev build from this night.

fixed, remote thumbnail support, thanks Memphiz
https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commit/3a35...42923298ab

maybe this fixes the substitute path option.
Yes it fixes the substitute. So thumbs can be loaded from remote shares, when special://masterprofile/Thumbnails is substituted via advancedsettings.xml properly.

But i introduced a mem leak here *argl* - will clean that up after work and give it to davilla Big Grin

bye

Memphiz
Memphiz Wrote:Yes it fixes the substitute. So thumbs can be loaded from remote shares, when special://masterprofile/Thumbnails is substituted via advancedsettings.xml properly.

But i introduced a mem leak here *argl* - will clean that up after work and give it to davilla Big Grin

bye

Memphiz

Nice Smile i'll try it out when keith builds his new nightly, what about the memleak?
Memphiz Wrote:Yes it fixes the substitute. So thumbs can be loaded from remote shares, when special://masterprofile/Thumbnails is substituted via advancedsettings.xml properly.

bye

Memphiz

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>        
        <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
        <to>smb://x.x.x.x/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Is that the correct code then for advancesettings.XML ?
@matbor

yes this would be correct and works for me.

@Senaxx

I woke up today and then the scales fell from my eyes Wink (leaking memory). I fixed it already in my mind and will generate code from that after work todays evening Smile. (in about 5 hours)
Nice! The substitute path bug has really been annoying. Can't wait until the next build by keith Big Grin
Ok I've spent a great deal of time scratching my head over this. I am working with an iPad, not an ATV2, but the process should be the same, I believe. I did finally get my videos to play correctly by adding EVERYONE to the list of users on my Windows 7 share and making sure it had the appropriate permissions. But I still can't get the thumbnails to show up.

I've tried using special://masterprofile as well as special://profile to no avail. I do know the links are working because I get errors about creating files at the beginning of the log because they already exist. But it still won't pull the files. I keep getting an error saying that the texture manager is unable to load the file.

The interesting thing is that when I put the same path into a source for photos and attempted to load one of the thumbnails XBMC appears to just hang. But if I connect via a program like FileBrowser (SMB Browser) I can see the thumbnails with no problem. So confused.

XBMC.log

Lines 50-194 show the File Exists errors and lines 397-401 shows it failing to load them. I'm stumped. Anybody know where I am going wrong?
This is the same issue that I was having. Apparently it is fixed in the 2/14 nightly build but I haven't had a chance to install it myself.
WisdomWolf Wrote:Ok I've spent a great deal of time scratching my head over this. I am working with an iPad, not an ATV2, but the process should be the same, I believe. I did finally get my videos to play correctly by adding EVERYONE to the list of users on my Windows 7 share and making sure it had the appropriate permissions. But I still can't get the thumbnails to show up.

I've tried using special://masterprofile as well as special://profile to no avail. I do know the links are working because I get errors about creating files at the beginning of the log because they already exist. But it still won't pull the files. I keep getting an error saying that the texture manager is unable to load the file.

The interesting thing is that when I put the same path into a source for photos and attempted to load one of the thumbnails XBMC appears to just hang. But if I connect via a program like FileBrowser (SMB Browser) I can see the thumbnails with no problem. So confused.

XBMC.log

Lines 50-194 show the File Exists errors and lines 397-401 shows it failing to load them. I'm stumped. Anybody know where I am going wrong?

i understand the frustration. I too have an ipad. its seems confusing still all i know in the log when i saw the entry where it path subs //profile to //masterprofile i just arbitrarily tried profile and it worked first try.
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
I did same w/ full perms on windows share, but i took the authentication (dont think any reason but the one i have on ipad now, does not have user@pass:ip just IP, have you tried that?)
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support?1