[AppleTV2] Setting the Time?
What about setting Day light savings?
Mr Zippy Wrote:Maybe this should be a setting inside XBMC for the ATV2.

Yup, I'd much rather see XBMC have the ability to set it's own internal offset from PST to give the user local-time rather than forcing IOS's clock to a different TZ.
Numus Wrote:What about setting Day light savings?

Oh, that's an idea. Bludgeon the daylight savings into giving me a -8 hours offset from PST to get me back to GMT. I'll give that a try.

...time passes...

Hmm...can't seem to find a daylight saving option in the XBMC GUI, I'll have a dig through the XML file.
how to use cyberduck to modify file?? I am trying to modify this with cyberduck via xp and I go to /private/var/db/timezone/localtime and try to edit and nothing happens? I have gone to preferences and checked double click opens file in external editor however when I click on edit it looks like it downloads and nothing. I then manually downloaded the file to my desktop however when I try to open it with wordpad or notepad the texxt is unreadable.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Your trying to open a symlink, its not a file but a pointer to a file.

On your mac, go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal

in the black window, type in:

ssh root@your_appleTV_IP

type yes to accept the certificate.
enter you password

enter the commands from this thread with your time zone.
All done!
I'm running a tethered jailbreak.

1. If I run "killall AppleTV", will I have to reboot my device and jailbreak it again?

2. How does AppleTV reload?
1. No it just kills the active processes.

2. Nicely?
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
Any news about daylight savings time?
Eliah Wrote:Any news about daylight savings time?

You don't need to do anything. ATV2 runs an NTP client. It fetches the time from Apple. Daylight savings will be taken care of automatically.
maratd Wrote:You don't need to do anything. ATV2 runs an NTP client. It fetches the time from Apple. Daylight savings will be taken care of automatically.

I've set mine to Europe/Amsterdam and the time on the ATV is still one hour behind.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:I've set mine to Europe/Amsterdam and the time on the ATV is still one hour behind.

Mine as well Rofl
Question 
After tethering boot from a windows machine, I received a "Waiting for network time"message. I cannot ssh into the device as it is not seen on the network. I just customized the whole thing so I hope I don't need to reinstall the firmware. Any suggestions?
mados123 Wrote:After tethering boot from a windows machine, I received a "Waiting for network time"message. I cannot ssh into the device as it is not seen on the network. I just customized the whole thing so I hope I don't need to reinstall the firmware. Any suggestions?

Disconnect the network cable and wait for the ATV interface to load. Then plug the network cable back in, go into Settings->General and check your network settings.
Question 
saunderez Wrote:Disconnect the network cable and wait for the ATV interface to load. Then plug the network cable back in, go into Settings->General and check your network settings.
No luck. In my hastily written post, I forgot to say that I previously changed my time zone to east coast before I had to move it to another power outlet. Then, after I did the tethered boot (from a Windows machine as that is all I have), it still is stuck on the "Waiting for network time" screen. It must recognize a conflict somewhere and is getting held up on some low level as I wasn't even seeing it grab an address from a wired connection, via DHCP. The idea of adjusting the time within XBMC sounds like a good one and to avoid this, I hope they make that feature available.

I'm still open to any other suggestions and many thanks!
I don't think the message "Waiting for network time" means the ATV is literally waiting to grab the time off the network/Internet. I think it's just waiting for a quiet period on the network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Setting the Time?1