File-manager enhancements/improvements
hey!!

i love the new 2-windowed filemanager!! however i miss the boxplorer function "calculate used space by folder". very useful function.  :d

keep up the good work!  :o
Quote:shouldn't be too difficult to implement

there's nothing worse than someone telling someone else how easy their job is, especially when that job costs that person time and effort. if you are not a coder, please don't say things are easy when you have no idea what you are talking about!

with that said, it is a good suggestion (and if you'd left that particular sentence out, it would have been a better suggestion!Wink

[edited to remove angry icon]

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i am a coder.....

but sorry if i made you guys angry, wasnt my intension.. :verysad:
so why dont you get coding and help make xbmc even better?

:nuts:
sorry if i sounded angry - nothing pisses me off more than someone who doesn't know anything telling someone else what there job involves. as you are a coder, feel free to say it's easy! (it would be pretty easy to code this up). even better, jump on board and do the code - my todo list is long enough as it is.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

drive space would be great in filemanager so i can tell how much to delete or if i can copy large files Smile

not essetually but would be handy
if you goto the sub menu (where "scripts" & "reboot" are listed in pm you'll see system where it gives current drive iformation & other tidbits.
Smile i know where it is, ive skinned it into my skin, but cant put it into filemanager where it is most needed.

cheers hopefully the developers can see y id like this Image
a good solution to this is to add the command

"space used..."

to the context menu of all items in my files.
this command will scan the size of all folders and files under the current item recursively and popup a dialog saying the space taken up and the free space on the drive.

this will be useful in figuring out what to delete in order to make space for something else. i currently use unleashx for this.
can the devs please add the ability to view each folder's used hd space? it's a very simple file manager feature and has existed in unleashx for a long time.

it's very useful when you're trying to figure out which folder to delete in order to free up some space.
agreed that this is reasonably easy to add. if i have time, i'll look into it. note that i don't often have time.

it would be a nice small patch for someone outside of the team to writeup though - any budding devs want to take a crack?

another note...would be nice if when it reaches 1024 mb it would realize it is not 1 gb and report as such....
jmarshall thanks!!

time elapse and remaining in the bar transfers. files to transfer and rate of transfer. and failed files qich not tranfer
thanks jmarshall! i'm not a programmer, but i can contact unleashx for guidance, i don't think he would mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File-manager enhancements/improvements0