CoreAAC audio codec / decoder
hey, i'm having a slight problem. i have a couple of episodes of full metal panic (kaa) that have a strange audio codec in them. when i play them in xbmc, i see video, but no audio. i know the codec it uses (coreaac.ax) but have no idea on how to implement it into xbmc. can somebody please tell me how? do i just put them in the codec folder and them write in the info in codec.conf? or do i need to modify mplayer.dll as well?

edit: nevermind, i just figured it out. for those who have the same problem, just download the codec, or find it in your pc, and write this in codecs.conf in the audiocodecs section:

audiocodec coreaac
info "coreaac"
comment "test codec"
status working
format 0x00ff
fourcc mp4a
driver coreaac
dll "coreaac.ax"

then, after you write this in, copy coreaac.ax into the codecs folder in xbmc directory. i guess you don't need to modify mplayer.dll to do this.

edit2: another problem. whenever you play the file,(after you get the audio working) if you pause or stop the playback, the xbox will crash. if anybody knows why and how to fix this, please post the answer.
lol?

which codec is now used for audio if you check with codecinfo?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi,

i'm having exactly the same problem as you with some episodes of galaxy angel (aak). the audio requires the coreaac decoder.

unfortunately your little hack doesn't seem to work Confused
where did you get your build of coreaac.ax ? i tried different versions but no luck so far...

and btw, i thought adding codecs wasn't possible?
well, any help appreciated!

s.
i have the same problem, but i find a solution, write this in codecs.conf in the audiocodecs section:

audiocodec coreaac
info "coreaac"
comment "test codec"
status working
format 0x00ff
fourcc mp4a
driver faad
dll libfaad2
(lordraiden @ jan. 03 2005,10:17 Wrote:i have the same problem, but i find a solution, write this in codecs.conf in the audiocodecs section:

audiocodec coreaac
info "coreaac"
comment "test codec"
status working
format 0x00ff
fourcc mp4a
driver faad
dll libfaad2

thanks goodness for forum searches. exactly the same problem here too, with those [kaa] galaxy angel releases (no sound). added the missing line to codecs.conf ( format 0x00ff ) and the audio works. thx, lordraiden!
(syberyan @ jan. 02 2005,22:41 Wrote:i thought adding codecs wasn't possible?
to all people requesting new codecs, read this! (link)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
great stuff indeed ^_^ i was getting worried that i'd never get audio at all if i grabbed any files from kaa. also it hasn't crashed with me when pausing etc but then i'm using the latest version of xbmc and its been a while since the original post was made. great stuff though as that was the only minor thing that was annoying my animé fix ^_^
"can happiness be achieved without sacrifice?"
i!!! thx for your great work!! i've a movie that cannot plays audio because is encoded with aac format. is it possible to improve this audio codec format in next versions of xbmc?

Cool
(dniestre @ jan. 17 2005,23:55 Wrote:i've a movie that cannot plays audio because is encoded with aac format. is it possible to improve this audio codec format in next versions of xbmc?
please test in very latest mplayer for win32 on your windows pc, if it plays it then just wait as it will soon be ported to xbmc, if it doesn't then report as a bug to mplayer
Exclamation 
this should work even better(?); change the "audiocodec faad" part in codecs.conf to this:
Quote:audiocodec faad
 info "faad aac (mpeg4 audio) decoder"
 status working
 fourcc mp4a,mp4a
 fourcc "aac "; used in nsv
 format 0xff
 + format 0x706d
 driver faad
 dll libfaad2
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840
(gamester17 @ jan. 18 2005,10:34 Wrote:
(dniestre @ jan. 17 2005,23:55 Wrote:i've a movie that cannot plays audio because is encoded with aac format. is it possible to improve this audio codec format in next versions of xbmc?
please test in very latest mplayer for win32 on your windows pc, if it plays it then just wait as it will soon be ported to xbmc, if it doesn't then report as a bug to mplayer
in my pc it the acc audio played well with media player classic

http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

is it posssible to improve in xbox next releases? Blush
Sad 
(dniestre @ jan. 18 2005,21:39 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ jan. 18 2005,10:34 Wrote:
in my pc it the acc audio played well with media player classic http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/
i said "mplayer", mpc has nothing to do with xbmc or mplayer, ...if a media files plays in any other player that's not mplayer (link) means nothing for xbmc
(gamester17 @ jan. 19 2005,10:37 Wrote:i said "mplayer", mpc has nothing to do with xbmc or mplayer, ...if a media files plays in any other player that's not mplayer (link) means nothing for xbmc

so why are rmvb files (with raac codecs) playable in mplayer (link) but not in xbmc?
(river kwai @ jan. 20 2005,10:14 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ jan. 19 2005,10:37 Wrote:i said "mplayer", mpc has nothing to do with xbmc or mplayer, ...if a media files plays in any other player that's not mplayer (link) means nothing for xbmc

so why are rmvb files (with raac codecs) playable in mplayer (link) but not in xbmc?
see this post:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=1921
(deltop @ jan. 20 2005,11:39 Wrote:
(river kwai @ jan. 20 2005,10:14 Wrote:

see this post:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=1921
as i had mentioned in my earlier post, it is playable in mplayer (link) but not in xbmc.

below is the response from mplayer team:

support for aac in rm files was done by me and added a year ago:

revision 1.54
date: 2004/01/29 12:11:13; author: attila; state: exp; lines: +37 -0
add support for aac in real media files
patch by moritz bunkus <[email protected]>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CoreAAC audio codec / decoder0