OSX Version - Darwin 8.8.2
Platform - Apple TV 1
Launcher - 3.2.5
Install Method - Launcher
SVN Revision - r35648
Debug Log - http://pastebin.com/2eMzS6Ap
Gui Problems - none
Skin - Night

I have recently set up a home server using windows server 2008 and it only has file sharing set up on it. I then set up xbmc on my apple tv and was able to access the files i wanted to. Withi the last 48 hours I have been getting a timeout error and error 2 everytime now. I did a factory restore on the ATV and then reinstalled launcher , updated launcher and then installed xbmc. I then tried to access the networks shares again and can not. I tried adding a network location by using the ip and that didnt work either. If amy one cant turn me in the rifght direction I would be grateful. I am to the point where I am tired of the problem and feel like reinstall server 08 and see if that fixes the problem.
Hatcher, I am in a somewhat similar situation. I unexpectedly disconnected power from my NAS and now ATV is not able to find the source again. I'm am trying everything. The NAS works everywhere else on my LAN. I installed XBMC on another computer to see if I could get to my source... no problem. So now I have to look closer at the ATV. Now I read about your efforts and how a factory restore has not fixed the ATV's ability to reconnect with your source... that's disheartening. I was going to work on that today. I had finally figured out how to dump my userdata through terminal but that didn't resolve my lost source issue. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't, just empathizing with you. Nobody seems to know why this happens or what to do about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant connect to windows server0