[AppleTV2] Audio stutter on Mythtv playback
Question 
Good Evening Folks,

I hope someone can help me out.
I have just got working, XBMC on ATV2 connecting to my mythtv 0.21 backend. I have a problem with audio stutter on mythtv recording playback. I don't have any stutter on .avi playback from smb file shares on the network (wired).

I don't have this issue with my atv1 running mythbuntu as a frontend.

Here is what I have tried so far from reading previous posts:

Installed the PM3.HD skin
Set "Sync playback to display" to off.
Set "Extract thumbnails adn video information" to off.

Can anyone suggest some setting or tweaks to the frontend or backend?

Thanks, the wife is starting to ask it the ATV1 is still working?
Update:

I copied one of the mythtv recordings to an smb share on the same server and was able to watch without any stutter. Must be something with the myth backend. Will schedule downtime and try an update to 0.23.

Will let you know.

TMac
Update:
Just finished an upgrade to my backend to Mythbuntu 10.04 (0.23). Still getting audio stutter on xbmc running on my ATV2. I also update xbmc to 10.0-6.

Not sure what to try now. Any suggestions?
Update:
Installed XBMC as a launcher on my Atv1. Works fine into my Mythtv backend without any stutter. Will continue to work on Atv2.

TMac
mythfrontend runs as a program still within XBMC correct? Quite possibly the way it has been scripted doesn't jive with an ARM environment.
I had the same problem. I actually found out that when wired to my network on a gigabit switch the stuttering went away.

Since I needed to use the ATV in my bedroom away from my wired network I had to switch to using the uPNP server instead of the myth:// protocol. I lose a lot by doing that - commercial skipping, 30-second forward seek. But for now it works and since it is not my primary place to watch TV I will live with it until I can find another fix.

The whole details in my other post is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92903
Today I jail broke my ATV2 using GreenPoisOn http://greenpois0n.com/
installed XBMC.

No stutter! The only thing I can think of was that before my music library was being scanned causing the stutter.

I am happy everything is working!

TMac
Update:
After some further viewing. I seem to be getting stutter when I watch programs that were recorded prior to upgrading the backend to MythTV 0.23

TMac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Audio stutter on Mythtv playback0