To have a global search bar on homescreen
Lightbulb 
Hi all,

I've been using android a fair bit recently and I really really like the way you can search from the homescreen. Find whatever I want, instantly. Wouldnt it be cool if xbmc had this feature? I know we have video and music libraries separately, but wouldnt it just be great to have a global library search from the homescreen.

GoogleTV offers this feature, youve probably seen it, where it searches local and web-based media. There's been many times where I've had my xbmc sitting idle in the background and then I go, ah that song! I'd love to hear this, it would also make it a lot more accessible in a party situation for casual users. They want something, they hit search, its good to be that simple. The libraries are obviously still effective in their own way of course.

You could have video,pic and audio results all on the one page, with icons to represent which is which (alongside the media title). I'm a music junkie and when I'm wanting a song, sometimes I want the live version, say, a video of a concert, instead of the studio recording, it would be great to have quick access to these alternatives, without having to back out, then go to videos, then search from there.

What do you think? Is there much call for this? I just believe it could be good to follow popular, proven concepts.. android is everywhere these days...

cheers.
Nobody think this would be a good idea?
Global search global search! Big Grin

Now available on Plex iOS:
It would be so useful!

http://www.9to5mac.com/60252/major-plex-...-and-more/
I also think this is a great idea!
Especially for parties where people want to hear a certain song Smile.
This exists already. You can search from the home screen in a couple of skins. Simplicity being one of them.
To learn more, click here.
This is mostly a skin request... XBMC already offers a search feature so I imagine it would just require the devs placing it on the Confluence home screen.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
I like this idea. I may try to add it to back row when I get a chance. I am not the developer of that skin so I will just post what changes to make where with simple to follow instructions in that part of the forums if and when I do it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To have a global search bar on homescreen0