Changing where Grub2 installs itself in "XBMCFreaks-1000-maverick-v2"
I installed "XBMCFreak-1000-maverick-v2" to a drive with Windows 7 on it and it writes over the MBR for the drive. This produces a Grub Menu that works ok but I want to use a different Boot manager. I'd like to know what to change in the Installation files to get grub2 to install into the Linux root instead of the Drive MBR? I found a file called "preseed.cfg" in the "Install" directory of the ISO which seems to be where this is done but I'm not sure and don't know what change to make if it is. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks
Catman915 Wrote:I installed "XBMCFreak-1000-maverick-v2" to a drive with Windows 7 on it and it writes over the MBR for the drive. This produces a Grub Menu that works ok but I want to use a different Boot manager. I'd like to know what to change in the Installation files to get grub2 to install into the Linux root instead of the Drive MBR? I found a file called "preseed.cfg" in the "Install" directory of the ISO which seems to be where this is done but I'm not sure and don't know what change to make if it is. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

It doesn't work like that. Grub needs to be installed to the MBR. You can't install it to a 'partition'.

If you want to load windows, you chainload the device.

If you want a different manager, you're going to need to just tell it not to install grub at all.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing where Grub2 installs itself in "XBMCFreaks-1000-maverick-v2"0