VDPAU Upscaling
Is the VDPAU upscaling enabled by default in xbmc 10?

I searched and found none VDPAU upscaling related in xbmc 10.

I'm running Live btw

Thanks
Read about <vdpauscaling> in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E
It's disabled by default, since performance is a lot better with it off.
Also, XBMC has lanczos scalers in GLSL that can be used together with vdpau, but only if vdpau is not scaling.
Thanks for the response.

Would GF 210 be good enough for upscaling? I dont see the HQ upscaling level (as i read from wiki manual). Was it also disabled by default? I think having a level setting would be great for not pushing my gpu too hard.

Can vdpau decode MPEG-2 (DVD) ?
We don't have any settings to set the upscaling level.
Also I'm not sure if the scaling level will have any impact on performance.

A GT210 is probably fast enough to use the vdpau scaling, you might also want to try XBMC's lanczos scalers, you can select those during playback in the video settings dialog.
Thanks i have searched further and there are few threads saying that the Software scaling and deinterlacing give better quality.

I think i will read those threads first but... are they only for the older version? The lastest post in i see is in July. Not sure how i can relate those to the new XBMC Live 10.0 i'm running (where to set the upscaler?, and deinterlacer...)

Can you recommend me the setting then? I'm running dual core low end Intel with 2gig of Ram and GF 210?

ps. these settings for post processing and upscaling are not in Setting Option of the XBMC front end right? Sorry i'm a noob here.
mamexp Wrote:Thanks i have searched further and there are few threads saying that the Software scaling and deinterlacing give better quality.

VDPAU hardware deinterlacing is good, you need lot of cpu to do it better with software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU Upscaling0