Getting my own album compilations to appear in Library..
Hi all - first post here - what an incredible wealth of information. Only got my HTPC yesterday but already have xbmc up and running and have just enabled the sound through both HDMI and SPDIF with the help of a great post here.
Hope somebody can help here..
I have some folders in which I have some music files. These are compilations that I have created and have also created some artwork for the cover thumbnail.
When I scan the folder the album appears in the library many times - each with one track in. Eek
I assume the fix would be an nfo file? Where would that go though, what would it be called (obviously the tracks in the folder all have different names) - and exactly how would its syntax go?
The tags for all of the tracks seem fine.
I have another proper album that isn't being found by any of the scrapers but it's putting a cover. How can I stop it doing that - same solution as above?

Thanks all! Smile
Have you tagged them? I use MP3tag.
Cheers - the tags were fine as far as othe Apps are concerned. The Artist and Album Artist were both the same. I have changed Album Artist to blank and they have merged into one album. It seems xbmc creats albums by album artist - unless that can be changed somewhere?
I noticed I couldn't remove an album from the library but had to remove the whole source and add it again. Is that right?
Is it possible to omit a folder from the scan? My iTunes folder is in the Music folder (with thousands of small jpg's) that seem to slow the scan down.....
sjw1 Wrote:I noticed I couldn't remove an album from the library but had to remove the whole source and add it again. Is that right?

Just run 'Clean Library' afterwards to remove any you've deleted.
Hitcher Wrote:Just run 'Clean Library' afterwards to remove any you've deleted.
Thanks - but how do I delete an album? I was assuming the 'Delete' deleted the source file?
Yes, XBMC assumes you know what you're doing if you set the albumartist. After all, you're telling it "This song appears on the album by this albumartist".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How do I remove a single album from the library?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting my own album compilations to appear in Library..0