[LINUX] Small system for Firewire DVB-S2 card
I'd like to put together a small HTPC that would

- accommodate Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV S2 DVB-S2 card with Firewire connection, possibly using the FloppyDTV Extension Kit,
- be "small", especially height-wise (up to 8cm/3in),
- run XBMC under Linux,
- run and upscale to 1080p, and
- be quiet and power efficient.

Unfortunately, there are no Mini-ITX ION boards with a Firewire connector. The closest system I found is Asus S1-AT5NM10E. It has the firewire connector on the front but I doubt it can be used on the inside of the case to connect the DVB-S2 card. I believe the card would fit inside the case.

What I'm looking for doesn't necessarily have to be a Mini-ITX. Anything that can fit inside Silverstone LC19 would work. I haven't found any Micro-ATX ION boards, however. I'd like to avoid AMD Zacate as I would have trouble running it under Linux and would like to avoid using Windows.

Can anyone suggest a system or a board that would satisfy what is described above? Thanks!
Anyone?
maybe sell the firedtv dvb-s2 card and buy a usb dvb-s2 card that's compatible with linux? and use an omnikey card reader if you want to use a subscription card.
Thanks for the reply. I do not want to use an external tuner. The box will be placed in the living room so I don't want many cables and little extra boxes lying around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Small system for Firewire DVB-S2 card0